Idiot politicians - who elects them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
If a woman is attracted to women in the gay sense of the word, why would another woman dress up and look like a man to attract a woman? It seems like a fair question to me.

People make the best of what they have and what they are

If someone has a gender change, they are not all going to be beautiful, perfect specimens of they gender

However being called a butch lesbian simply because you maintain some masculine traits in your personal appearance is derogatory and unacceptable

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

If someone has a gender change, they are not all going to be beautiful, perfect specimens of they gender

However being called a butch lesbian simply because you maintain some masculine traits in your personal appearance is derogatory and unacceptable
That's not what we're saying. Plus, that is a widely used term on tv and many other places.
What the question is, is why do some lesbians make there self manly if they want to attract another woman who fancies woman? I am not homophobic btw.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Some lesbians might want to dress as purple flamingos....Some as Willy Bloody Wonka...... who fricking cares?! Its up to them
I don't care! So why are you telling me?
Anyway, that isn't what the question was. It's a fair question. Why can't anyone answer in some way without going all hyper PC defensive all the time?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
i purposely spoil my ballot papers in protest. i care not for which party sees power or which mp gets the local seat as they are all as ignorant as the next. yes men and women all who will rob peter to pay paul whilst denouncing another politician of the opposing party for robbing paul to pay peter...

At the Election count, just before the result is announced the Assistant Returning Officer shows the spoiled papers to the candidates and their agents. At a Glasgow count I was at, one voter marked his paper thusly:

Candidate A - fiddle
Candidate B - fiddle
Candidate C - fiddle
Candidate D - Good Guy
Candidate E - fiddle

Candidate D's Agent tried to argue that this was indeed a positive endorsement for his man, but the Returning Officer was sadly having none of it.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
2888185 said:
The simplest answer is that our appearance and our sexuality don't have to match up in an easy codified way.
I get that Adrian. I was just asking a genuine question. But most answers are always swaying towards the fact that you shouldn't even have the cheek to ask in the first place and that you are automatically some kind of homophobe by default.

Linford

That was not what I was implying Cunobelin.

Lesbian = Genetically a Woman, attracted to other women.
Transgender = Male or female who has had Gender realignment surgery/Hormone treatment and is not living as the gender which they were born with.
I'm amazed you managed to get offended by your misunderstanding of what is being discussed here.
Others just seem to like being offended for the sake of it :rolleyes:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
What TMN said.

Do we really need to understand why someone falls in love with or is sexually attracted to another person? I question it when friends fall for someone who treats them badly but otherwise it's none of my business why they love that person, just that they do and are loved back and are happy.

It appears that there is some misunderstanding of nomenclature used in describing sex.
Sex is a very complicated subject. I will try and simplify it.
Genetic sex- It is what your chromosome shows. Usually, it is XX which is a female and XY which is a male. Sometimes foetus end up with extra X or Y chromosomes. It could be for example XXY.
Phenotypical sex- what is the appearance of external genitalia. That is a male has a penis and female has a vulva and vagina. It does not always correlates with your genetic sex.
Gender identity is how a person would like to identify themselves as, man, woman or even neutral
Transgender is independent of one's sexual orientation
If you read about this subject, you will start to understand that it is very difficult to define who is a man or a woman. There is a theory which says that it best given as a percentage. Say one is 75% man and 25% woman.

After the dinner, I will try and see whether I can correlates this to cycles so that CC users can understand easily.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Do you think you could you define 'manly' for us? Are you suggesting it's possible to determine/define someone's sexuality by what they wear and how they look? Because if you are, it's not that you 'have a cheek', it's more that it's just an idiotic question. Adrian's answer is more reasoned than it deserves.
I know the difference, so no need for an explanation.
But you on the other hand seem to have trouble in distinguishing between men and women if you have to ask.
Or maybe in your world there are no sexes and everyone is the same?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It appears that there is some misunderstanding of nomenclature used in describing sex.
Sex is a very complicated subject. I will try and simplify it.
Genetic sex- It is what your chromosome shows. Usually, it is XX which is a female and XY which is a male. Sometimes foetus end up with extra X or Y chromosomes. It could be for example XXY.
Phenotypical sex- what is the appearance of external genitalia. That is a male has a penis and female has a vulva and vagina. It does not always correlates with your genetic sex.
Gender identity is how a person would like to identify themselves as, man, woman or even neutral
Transgender is independent of one's sexual orientation
If you read about this subject, you will start to understand that it is very difficult to define who is a man or a woman. There is a theory which says that it best given as a percentage. Say one is 75% man and 25% woman.

After the dinner, I will try and see whether I can correlates this to cycles so that CC users can understand easily.
And all that's without factoring in the algorithms of attraction.

And all that's without factoring in the algorithms of attraction.

This is one of the reasons why it is ludicrous to discriminate people on the basis of their sex or sexual orientation. It is not possible to be specific as to what category that a person belongs to.
This is similar to South African apartheid policy. It is simply not possible to categorise people to black or white.

To explain this further in cycling terms
I have B Twin Triban 3. Decathlon manufactured and sell it as a road bike. That is like its genetic sex.
It has the appearance of a road bike or its phenotype is a road bike.
Now I have put 25 c tyres and mudguards and flip over the handle bar. Now it look like a hybrid. Its phenotype has changed.
Then I put a saddle rack and take it on tour. So it identity has now changed to a touring bike.
If you meet me on the road, you can not say whether it is a Road, Hybrid or Tourer.
It is just a bike.
Sex is like that. Forget what it is and just treat the person like any other person.
Can we get back to talk about what this person said about cyclists?

Top Bottom