Idiots on public paths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Is it segregated, or just with plenty of signage to show it is a shared space ?
My colleague has an E-bike...a Wisper 905SE, and I've clocked him at 20mph on a slight uphill gradient (without pedalling) when I was on my motorcycle.
I appreciate some do conform to the UK law (200 watts), but his is 250, and operated on a push button without the requirement to pedal.
On a slight gradient, I can just about catch him when on my roadie, but when he hits a proper hill, he vanishes into the distance.

OP
OP
dashanova

dashanova

If it evens things up I've seen some idiot cyclists on paths.
Definitely.
I saw someone on the path the other day with a motorbike (which of course is illegal).
I'm not picking on one side, im saying everyone should follow some basic rules so we can all walk, cycle, horseride, etc in harmony.

OP
OP
dashanova

dashanova

Is it segregated, or just with plenty of signage to show it is a shared space ?
My colleague has an E-bike...a Wisper 905SE, and I've clocked him at 20mph on a slight uphill gradient (without pedalling) when I was on my motorcycle.
I appreciate some do conform to the UK law (200 watts), but his is 250, and operated on a push button without the requirement to pedal.
On a slight gradient, I can just about catch him when on my roadie, but when he hits a proper hill, he vanishes into the distance.

The path is all one.
Ebikes are allowed on paths if they exceed 15mph but not on roads.

OP
OP
dashanova

dashanova

I think I can understand your problem, and you would see it too if you looked in a mirror.

I stick to the rules.
If others did...No more problem!
Thanks for the support fellow cyclist!

If you will, imagine the same scenario on the roads and we are all in cars.
I'm following the rules and other people aren't, and they are walking out in front of my car, not looking behind them or where they are going, not moving out the way for my car, walking in front of it, dogs and horses are crapping all over the road...etc...
...A lot of people would die. It would be mayhem.

So...I don't understand you at all!

OP
OP
dashanova

dashanova

There are rules and there are common courtesies, it is helpful to adhere to both if we are all to get along.
And when have i not been courteous? I'm very courteous.
The 'idiots' I'm talking about are not courteous which is why I made this thread.

OP
OP
dashanova

dashanova

Now Linford is searching google like crazy trying to catch me out!

Anyone on here talk sense? Or is this place just a waste of time?

OP
OP
dashanova

dashanova

You know what folks. I can see this place is full of trolls, with nothing better to do who contribute to all the problems on the roads and paths (why do you think there is so many accidents every year?)
It's caused by idiots!
Bloody websites! All the same!

Yous complain im doing 15mph (under it actually) while yous boasted on other threads of your great speeds +20mph (yeah right). And how often yous cycle. How come I cycle everyday and never see another cyclist lol?!
Your all full of shoot.

So I'm just going to leave because we have nothing in common.

Buh bye now!

PS Next time I wont slow down!
VVVrrrroOOOOOOOOOOoommmmm!

Thanks mods, but close my account now, theres no button to do it.

Top Bottom