Idiots on public paths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Is that some kind of record? First post and final flounce all on the same day?
Looks like you had an even bigger absence than me RT. Still in Ross ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If I am approaching pedestrians from behind on a path I give a small ding on my bell from about 50m away and I slow down. I never pass pedestrians at more than walking pace, especially if they have children or dogs with them. If they obviously have not heard me I give another ding. I really believe you can ring a bell aggressively, just little dings does the job.

They usually look at you as you go by and I always say "Thank you", even if they dont look.

We share our cycle paths with mopeds and some of the modern ones can run in "Stealth mode". You dont hear them until they are passing you at 30mph. They can almost give you a heart attack, so I know howthe pedestrians feel as we bomb pass without warning.

Its all about winning hearty and minds :0)

Steve

Yes, that was a rather rapid transition from welcome to flounce. I wonder if we'll cross paths, Dashanova and I, here in Stirling (it's not that big a place). I kind of hope not.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think it is how you approach them. Whoever it is. I always slow down. It doesnt inconvienience me to slow for 5 seconds and then speed up again.

But there are people on here who will be thinking "Why should you".

Steve

Cubist

Still wavin'
I call bored Troll on this one. Re read the posts and you'll see loads of little pointers, all designed to tickle the "Let's share the space" folk. The flounce was too sudden. @theclaud may appear abrasive occasionally, but just one acerbic interjection appears to have engendered a weapons grade flounce in one go.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I call bored Troll on this one. Re read the posts and you'll see loads of little pointers, all designed to tickle the "Let's share the space" folk. The flounce was too sudden. @theclaud may appear abrasive occasionally, but just one acerbic interjection appears to have engendered a weapons grade flounce in one go.

How very dare you!

:smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The difference in Denmark is that most of the pedestrians are also cyclists. It is a very difficult point to get over, if you dont live with it all the time.

Steve

Top Bottom