Idiots stopping in ASL boxes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Not a valid comparison by you, sorry!
Disagree on that one, you really have no idea who is going to arrive in the ASL whilst you are sat at red, yes you may have passed some, but others may have joined from a side road, or just set off. On a motorbike I cannot see any need to use them, forgetting the legal aspect

Brandane

Legendary Member
Disagree on that one, you really have no idea who is going to arrive in the ASL whilst you are sat at red, yes you may have passed some, but others may have joined from a side road, or just set off. On a motorbike I cannot see any need to use them, forgetting the legal aspect
Again, though, it's not a one fits all situation. As previously posted, outside the 3 main cities in Scotland, cyclists around my area are relatively rare. ASL's filled with cycles is something I've never seen. Different rules elsewhere, obviously.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Difference being, a biker can tell if there is a cyclist using the ASL box, or about to use it (as he will have just passed any cyclists heading that way). I wouldn't dream of using a disabled parking space because I can't possibly tell who might come along and need it while I am away from my car. And in any case I'm not so lazy that i can't walk from the nearest available legal space. Not a valid comparison by you, sorry!

The motorcyclist can't know when or from where a cyclist will appear once he's in the ASL. The cyclist could come from a shop or a house, or a side street after you've passed.

Ultimately it's not for those who aren't legitimate users to decide on the potential occupancy of a facility that isn't meant for them.

gbb

Legendary Member
I couldn't see the video but I can imagine the scenarion.
As I get older I've long since realised one thing that applies to almost everything, there are idiots everywhere. Ride on, walk on, dont get annoyed unless they directly impact on you, you cant save idiots from themselves. You'll be a lot more relaxed about life in general as well :smile:

Top Bottom