Idiots stopping in ASL boxes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I had to position with my rear wheel just inside the box ( behind the line ) because I needed the ( illegally) positioned driver to see I was there. My rear wheel was still behind the line.

That’s like the excuse where a driver crosses double white lines and then says only two wheels were over the line. Doesn’t matter, they crossed the double white line. You went through the stop line for cyclists when the light was on red.

The road markings are so worn it isn't clear that is an ASL.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
That’s like the excuse where a driver crosses double white lines and then says only two wheels were over the line. Doesn’t matter, they crossed the double white line. You went through the stop line for cyclists when the light was on red.

If you look at the top middle of the frame, you can see the light is on green as I reach the line, I didn’t cross on red. It was changing as I approached, it was on green as I passed the line.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's actually more damning than that! At around 10s you can actually see RR looking back and the car's grill is in shot, as well as possibly the corner of the ASL (it would be much clearer if I wasn't squinting at my smartphone screen). I find it hard to make that image align with the claim that rear wheel was on or behind the ASL line, not that this remotely makes matters any more legal.
If it was so important for my safety to be visible to a driver I would have stopped at the rear corner of the front vehicle and made sure that the 2nd vehicle driver was aware of my presence.
Christ almighty, this is supposed to be a cycle site:laugh: certain posters ( the same ones) are clearly not cyclists.
Ok, this will possibly be my last reply to this thread because I can see it is heading in the same pointless direction as the others.
Which part of my post did you disagree with or makes you decide I am clearly a non-cyclist?
I stand by my assertion that you illegally crossed the stop line and IMO you fully crossed the line with both wheels. At this point you lost any moral high ground you may have had if you were in fact correct in your claim that the driver moved into the ASL box after the lights had turned red purely to gain position.
I also stand by my safety advice that it would be better to stop behind the front vehicle (or even further back in the queue) at a point where you could be clearly seen by the driver of the vehicle alongside/behind you. Your mgif attitude led you to break the law and possibly put yourself in danger.
Just for the record, I am a regular road user and cyclist. I am confident, competent, assertive and ride defensively. You have posted more 'incidents' in just one week than I experience in a month of cycling around Manchester. My experience and common sense allows me to see where you are making some terrible mistakes, missing obvious dangers and making bad judgements, but all the while blaming others and spouting bad advice.
PLEASE STOP. Put your camera away or keep the footage purely for personal use. I dare say if you don't calm down you may end up in a roadrage altercation that ends in violence. Perhaps the footage may be useful then to allow the police to prosecute the aggressor correctly....

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Ok, this will possibly be my last reply to this thread because I can see it is heading in the same pointless direction as the others.
Which part of my post did you disagree with or makes you decide I am clearly a non-cyclist?
I stand by my assertion that you illegally crossed the stop line and IMO you fully crossed the line with both wheels. At this point you lost any moral high ground you may have had if you were in fact correct in your claim that the driver moved into the ASL box after the lights had turned red purely to gain position.
I also stand by my safety advice that it would be better to stop behind the front vehicle (or even further back in the queue) at a point where you could be clearly seen by the driver of the vehicle alongside/behind you. Your mgif attitude led you to break the law and possibly put yourself in danger.
Just for the record, I am a regular road user and cyclist. I am confident, competent, assertive and ride defensively. You have posted more 'incidents' in just one week than I experience in a month of cycling around Manchester. My experience and common sense allows me to see where you are making some terrible mistakes, missing obvious dangers and making bad judgements, but all the while blaming others and spouting bad advice.
PLEASE STOP. Put your camera away or keep the footage purely for personal use. I dare say if you don't calm down you may end up in a roadrage altercation that ends in violence. Perhaps the footage may be useful then to allow the police to prosecute the aggressor correctly....

as you can no doubt see, the light was green as I crossed the line, so no “law breaking “ happened, green means proceed, that’s what made me question. Most of what you posted there is garbage, it’s you that needs to stop. Stop posting such garbage.

Last edited:
When your in a hole stop digging, I don't think anyone is impressed - not by your super duper bike, nor by your lack of judgement, and the patent lack of skill/common sense on the shared use path, or the feeble attempts to justify yourself.
(Back wheel inside box, really? One frame of green! I mean come on, that's a moton's justification).

D

Deleted member 26715

Nice try, which suggests you know you're in the wrong but won't admit, but on these two you are already past the white line,

You can just see the Red, it's actually clearer on the screen over the screenshot

At this point it's gone to Amber but your way is not clear so you still can't cross the line that you've already crossed

Top Bottom