If CC members were politicians...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, strong arm tactics work. The UK isn't in the position to threaten other countries economies as a political measure, but if I were Foreign Secretary I'd fly to meetings in a Vulcan bomber and threaten to nuke anyone that doesn't do as they're told! :laugh:

There's a bit of a flaw in your argument. I don't think they'd be worried.

I don't want a Cabinet role, but just want to be Chief Whip. This bondage lark sounds quite fun.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Talking dirty? or do i misinterpret...

No does'nt fit me, decinding what true or not.

What kind of system are we going to organise? Something the same corrupt crap as we have now(in most of not all countries) or are we going to think of something new?

Why don't we give a holocratic system of government a whirl..??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holacracy

Can't be any worse than everything else we've tried.

Who knows it might even be better.

Because it is too big, complicated, important and different to anything we (and any other country) have had before to just "give a whirl". Unless you believe we are a capitalist organisation like GB plc. that could benefit from American management theory. :whistle:

Besides which we would need a referendum and you know what that leads to.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Because it is too big, complicated, important and different to anything we (and any other country) have had before to just "give a whirl". Unless you believe we are a capitalist organisation like GB plc. that could benefit from Ameican management theory. :whistle:

Besides which we would need a referendum and you know what that leads to.

Spoilsport.. :shy:

OK, howzabout everyone just does as I say, or else I bash them bigly..??

Spoilsport.. :shy:

OK, howzabout everyone just does as I say, or else I bash them bigly..??

You are Boris Trump AICMFP!

Sounds good on paper but i'm afraid it's going to be to bulky and therefore create the same problems it's trying to solve.
i believe in a direct democracy, so that every decision can be turned down if the people vote it away, and every minister can be sacked if enough people vote to do so. I would also change the system of voting via an mp so that everyone can stand for election as long as he has enough votes instead of the current deposit fee system.
I think of executed properly it would for politicians to be more straith forward, to be honest and accountable and it would force them to explain things in much greater details because there not only trying to win over the house but also the people everywhere in the country.
In basic working principle i think you still need a parliament as we would have now, although i would change the party system to protect mp's form being sacked by their party because they think differently on whatever topic. The parlement would work as normal but decision are only final of the people's either not vote or vote for or against.
Sure this system has a few cavecat too, the same as any other system has but it would in my view at least give people the control back of their country too.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Oh come now, @cookiemonster a large part of the world seems predicated on, people trying to impress / intimidate each other, with a variety of d*ck swinging activities .

You'd think folks would have wised up, and got over being impressed by all that baloney, some aeon's ago, but unfortunately, for some reason, it's appeal seems to endure. :blink:

How about a Minister for the Recognition of the Interconnectedness of all things ??

From my experience Gov Dept all seem to be vying to make out, that what their section does is the very most importantest thing, by far.

If they could be persuaded to waste less energy in doing this kind of silo thinking , and do more cooperation and collaboration to achieve best outcomes, we would have a much better world for everyone.

So A Minister for Joined up Thinking (and discouragement of d*ck swinging :rolleyes:) Perhaps?

Have you taken a post yet @cookiemonster ?? Id be hoping for good snacks in cabinet, with a moniker such as yours :hungry:

That's my post. :okay:

Top Bottom