if helmets became compulsory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Possibly / probably, but I'm still not sure how it's relevant to helmet use.

Norm

Although, having not cycle-commuted for about 2 weeks, I was very close to the limit by the top of the hill this morning. :biggrin:

andygates

I'd not wear one except for when I already do. And make a big fuss in the press every time I got nicked, I expect...

corshamjim

I confess I forgot to don my helmet this evening. It wasn't a big deal as I was only going to the garden centre to do some shopping. It didn't feel as odd as I thought it would, except I missed having the visor to shield my eyes from the sun on the way back.

Thankfully my wife wasn't around to see this unusual event ... :whistle:

Wobbly Wheels

I wear one, I've banged my head doing something completely different, but boy, did it hurt. So deffo a helmet for me.

I've also been accidentally electrocuted, but that's a completely different story... :blush:

markharry66

Über Member
Pack in cycling

GilesM

Legendary Member
Also the safety features in racing cars are limited. My car has 6 airbags, 4 in the front and two in the rear. They are there to protect the vehicles occupants in the event of an impact.

It is far better to incorporate safety features into a vehicle rather than expect the driver to wear PPE, hence all the safety features built into modern cars.

Not too sure about that, I think I'd rather be in a race prepared car without a helmet if I was involved a serious crash, I think it would be much safer than a family car with loads of airbags.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If helmets became compulsory I would make a home made one out of mini babybell cheese. I would mix up the red babybel wax and the purple cheddar babybell wax so it looked nice with 2 colours. I could also weave the nylon string bags into chin straps. So not only am I protecting myself from when I am crashing through a windscreen at 30mph I am also recycling and saving the environment at the same time

mini-babybel-range.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
You haven't really thought that through have you Ian. Surely using the Babybel Light would work best rather than usinng the heavier purple cheddar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom