If I had a penny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Last week I was more assertive in taking a strong primary at pinch points on my route (normally take a good secondary) because of a close pass. Now bare in mind that this is at 6am and there isn't much traffic, day one of strong primary some female driver sits behind my beeping until we're past the pinch point. It's that kind of poor driving that gets me angry.
slow down, stop, get off your bike, start inspecting it. hold her up even longer :smile: When she gets out and asks what you are doing, say you thought something must be wrong with your bike because surely she would be beeping at you for pulling a perfectly legal maneouvre ha ha

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL great minds eh Gambette?

I hate pointless traffic islands like that in low pedestrian usage areas. If I ran the roads I would rip most of them up and replace them with zebra crossings.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some traffic islands are pointless. The council ruined the perfectly good Woodford Road by putting some in. Thing is, there are few , if any, pedestrians along the section of road they put them in !

I've yet to have the entertainment of someone pranging their wheel on one yet.

400bhp

Guru
Some traffic islands are pointless. The council ruined the perfectly good Woodford Road by putting some in. Thing is, there are few , if any, pedestrians along the section of road they put them in !

I've yet to have the entertainment of someone pranging their wheel on one yet.

Yes, but cause or effect Fossy?

Part of the reason no-one walks anywhere is the traffic volume and speed of many roads.

cd365

Guru
Use your imagination - what happened before cars came along?
Can you remember that far back? :tongue:

Top Bottom