If I was to buy a helmet cam ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not mine, but that is an excellent result.

Well, he also totally lied. Think about all those court cases after a RTC. One party must be lying. And when they try to blame the cyclist, like that muppet a camera is there to show them up as lying shitbags.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Blimey, that same van and trailer pulled the very same stunt on me last week! I was heading north on the squinty bridge, to the lights at the bottom of Finnieston Street. No camera, unfortunately.

GC

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cycle assertively, defensively when necessary, be aware of your surroundings, anticipate bellends and don't get wound up by the small minority of absolute pricks who will drive irresponsibly whether you have a helmet camera or not.
Does your bubble of self-righteousness and zen-like calm afford much protection?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Blimey, that same van and trailer pulled the very same stunt on me last week! I was heading north on the squinty bridge, to the lights at the bottom of Finnieston Street. No camera, unfortunately.

GC
It's a rental I think. Surely it was not the same driver, eh???

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Those that post endless clips online represent those with cameras that post online.

Very little is known about the footage that is not posted which probably accounts for a much larger section of the community that record, occasionally review situations, but mostly delete.
Reviewing may enable one to address the key question of "How, short of not riding on the roads at all, could one have avoided that unsatisfactory interaction?"

Posting online imo is utterly pointless unless you want to enlist others in answering that by way of coaching you.

Posting to plod on the other hand avoids this week's question asked of me by same "I don't suppose you filmed it did you? Otherwise there is nothing we can really do..."

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's the hedcamz 2G

I attached it with one of the included mounts which is a nylon fabric strip with elastic loops on - I just pushed the arm of the glasses through. I'll post up a pic later if you like.
I'd like to see that pic please. You happy with it as a camera?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I can't be sure but he was similar.

He was also strangely calm while at the same time being a bit aggressive, if you know what I mean. Maybe he thought he was being filmed... again.

GC
Some folk don't learn from their mistakes. Either that, or the driver is finding it difficult to control the trailer.

Davidsw8

Without my helmet cam footage, the Met would have never got a case together against the guy who drove his car in to me.

I also have no problem using footage to grass on mobile phone using drivers , I don't want to be hit by one of those idiots.

I look at the footage for about 5 mins when I get home some evenings IF something I didn't like happened but I rarely get to the point where I'm editing it and posting it to YouTube or something. The most time it takes up of my day is recharging it and deleting the files but I'd feel vulnerable if I didn't use it.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

GC

You should report it anyway, given the driver's previous.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Those that post endless clips online represent those with cameras that post online.

Very little is known about the footage that is not posted which probably accounts for a much larger section of the community that record, occasionally review situations, but mostly delete.

I strenuously object to the assertion, made utterly without evidence, that people running helmet cameras are somehow out looking to create incidents. It's rubbish, of course.

Top Bottom