If it keeps on raining... I'm gonna go nuts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Here in Oxfordland it's been blowing a gale for about 3 days now, heavy rain shoved sideways by constant infernal wind. It's also chuffing cold too. And I've had enough.

Can't garden, can't sort the garage, a bike ride is out of the question (from a safety POV rather than weather), I've no car or family this w/e, I'm almost bored of fettling and I really should get on with something but really lack inspiration and can only justify so much duvet-time to recover from a gruelling week.
To make matters worst... I'm out of Extra virgin Olive oil...

Noodley

It's glorious sunshine on the east coast of Scotlandland :thumbsup:
Unfortunately it's not a holiday and I am stuck in my office :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Winds here in Leeds but sunny.Visiting Water world in York this afternoon with the family,then out for tea.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Blazing sunshine here and none of this heavy predicted rain but even worse than that we have gales so that's no cycling for me today.

caz

Gales here too in the Midlands! Too dangerous for cycling IMO and the predicted rain hasn't arrived yet. We were supposed to be going on holiday today too :thumbsup: but I'm not towing the caravan in this wind!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We had un-forecast glorious weather yesterday but biblical rain today. I won't have to water the allotment so every cloud.....:thumbsup:

TVC

The rain for today has just arrived in Leicester. I agree it has been a slow boring bank holiday here in the southern half of the country, but I am just marking time 'till wednesday when me and the Mrs are off to Dublin for a few days (just in time for the miserable weather to turn up there:rolleyes:). Here's hoping everyone else enjoys their return to work after the washout :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
It's glorious sunshine on the east coast of Scotlandland :thumbsup:
Unfortunately it's not a holiday and I am stuck in my office :biggrin:

I might as well be at work... tomorrow's a mad blender of a day :biggrin:

At least Noodley when you finish for the day you could at least go out and do something nice. About the only useful outdoor activity here is measuring rain.

Pesto on Spag for lunch, then full foul weather gear to walk to Budgens on a desperate mission to secure some extra virgin... and maybe a packet of wine gums. If you don't hear from me on this thread before 3 o/c call the coastguard to send a lifeboat...

yenrod

Fab - its a band of rain stuck over your part of the world - it was similiar to a happening some time back over northern England...depressing but it'll pass.

betty swollocks

large member
Down here in West Berks the rain hasn't been coming down: more like across. Stair rods coming sideways.
Despite this I went out for an hour and loved it being bashed and buffeted. Any longer and I'd have got very cold, so just gave myself a time limit and returned home to a cafetiere of Jamaican Blue Mountain.
I reckon I earned it.

Top Bottom