If it weren't for my basket, I'd be dead!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Just had a comedy electric bike crash.

I was going along a traffic free path where I came to a bridge. The bridge has a sharp slope to it, with a tight turn at the top. I went into High Power, pedaled up the slope then stopped pedaling at near the top to negotiate round the turn. Realised I wasn't going to make it to the top, so did half a pedal, power kicked in and I catapulted into the wall on the bridge instead of going round the sharp turn.

Wheel got a bit bent, easily put right, but my basket took the main brunt of the impact and is a bit squashed. I've got a bit of a headache, but if it weren't for my basket absorbing the shock I'm sure I'd have gone arse over tit and into the wall.

Put a basket on folks - it may save your ife one day!

tyred

Legendary Member
Glad you're okay but not sure it really looks right on a road bike...
basket.JPG

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
School girl error... Hope you are ok.

I did something similar years ago when I hired a moped on a greek island. I drove it streight into the wall oppisite the hire shop. Oops!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I did something similar years ago when I hired a moped on a greek island. I drove it streight into the wall oppisite the hire shop. Oops!

A colleague of mine told us how he and some mates hired mopeds in Spain or Greece or somewhere like that (IE, on holiday), and he got on his, shot off out of control, wobbled a bit, went straight through a cafe and emerged unscathed. The hire place still let them hire the mopeds!

Top Bottom