If you could learn one language ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone ever tried Esperanto?

French. I got to A level and no further. I understand a lot when I listen to it and read but can't really converse - I can reproduce a pretty good accent too. It would mean I could go to France and learn to cook in a proper classic French stylee.

ChrisKH

Guru
Andy in Sig said:
I wouldn't stand for that. Your mil laughing at you is one thing but a random Cantonese or Mandarin is quite another.

:laugh:

gavintc

Guru
I am trying to learn Italian and have been for the last 6 months. I move to Italy in less than 2 months and I am finding it quite difficult. Perhaps I should have learnt English first!!

Crankarm

Guru
gavintc said:
I am trying to learn Italian and have been for the last 6 months. I move to Italy in less than 2 months and I am finding it quite difficult. Perhaps I should have learnt English first!!

Just waive your arms around a lot, shrug and say "domaini" a lot - pronounced "Doh-marny" - tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow :laugh:.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Of course tomorrow comes. I'll do it tomorrow :biggrin:.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Crankarm said:
Just waive your arms around a lot, shrug and say "domaini" a lot - pronounced "Doh-marny" - tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow :laugh:.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Of course tomorrow comes. I'll do it tomorrow :biggrin:.

The Irish have a word for that too - but it's not as urgent as manana or domaini :laugh:

Top Bottom