If you could move anywhere in UK where would you move too?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
I was thinking about this and the places that comes to mind are SW and North east.
Or perhaps mid Wales.

Why.

Climate, friendly people, stress free living.

Does anyone else got the urge to go AWOL?!

Has anyone done it!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quite like North Wales TBH, but the hospitals are poor !

I fancy a narrowboat so every few weeks the scenery changes, other than that anywhere nobody else is.

Thought that my self a few times

would actually like a proper sea going boat - but that really needs more than one person to drive it safely
and round here there is too bog a gap between safe havens
the idea in my head works better on the Med - somewhere with lots of harbours with bars and food!!!

in reality - I also like North Wales
used to live there - only moved away for a woman
well - I did end up marrying her
but can;t really move too far away from here due to grandkids and all that

but if I was still on my own I would have stayed in North Wales - probably Llandudno (near it not IN it!)

vickster

Legendary Member
My post retirement plan is N Yorkshire (I'm a city girl ultimately so a town like Harrogate with easy access to countryside but also to friends in the London area), and somewhere else warm (overseas) for winter!
I don't have any desire to live by the sea, never have, fine for a holiday but not day in day out

I can't see myself in London in 15 years time (actual timescale depends on elderly parents who live a few miles away and need support). Once they're gone :sad: , I'll have no ties to anywhere in particular

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Yes, did it 25 years back.

Tunbridge Wells to Lake District.

Best move ever, lovely environment, smashing people, weather can get you down on and off - although you learn to work around that.

No hankerings to live anywhere else tbh.

Love the Lake District, we're back there again later this year for a holiday but I'm not sure I could live there. Unless it was in a town like Keswick, it's a bit too remote for us.

Don't come to the southwest, it's horrible and you'd hate it. Icebergs in the sea, volcanoes on land, killer bees, you get the idea.

Stay away, stay away. Please. :hello:

I can see you point
I used to drive home from work (Rhyl to Bangor/Llandudno) thinking that tourists need to be banned from the outside lane of the A55 (especially caravans and camper vans - of course)

and that is North Wales - the SW must be far worse for people who work there and want to get home after a hard day!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
I can see you point
I used to drive home from work (Rhyl to Bangor/Llandudno) thinking that tourists need to be banned from the outside lane of the A55 (especially caravans and camper vans - of course)

and that is North Wales - the SW must be far worse for people who work there and want to get home after a hard day!!!
I’m not sure that was his point ;) :whistle:

OldShep

Über Member
I’ve cracked it living in SW Scotland I can’t see as I could move anywhere better. Like visiting Morecambe Bay area but if you live by the sea then your cycling options are immediately cut by 50%. OK the climate might well be better in southern England but sharing it with all those people you must be mad.
Hearing the Lake District described as being remote has made my day. ^_^

Top Bottom