If you had the freedom to tour for a month anywhere in the world - where would you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
Patagonia. Nicaragua. Huge chunks of Chile. Sweden and Denmark. L'Eroica. A circuit of the Black Sea, or better still the Caspian Sea.

I would've opted for Ontario/Quebec but I'm not sure they have a month of acceptable weather each year.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Love the mountains, so probably a tour of the Alps for me. Otherwise a grand tour of the Mediterranean. I am strangely drawn to car ferries, and loved a trip over to the Isle of Wight by ferry with my bike. Also jealously watched others cycling the Hebridean Way.
My perfect cycle + ferry trip would be either Plymouth to Santander ferry...cycle across Spain....ferry to Majorca or the canary Islands and back or Start in South of France ... ferry to Corsica .... ferry to Sardinia... ferry to Italy..... ferry to Sicily or Greece ..... etc (though no idea how to get back!).

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Sumatra. Having spent a bit of time in most countries around there (on foot), but not Indonesia, there is something that really captivates me about it, actually any of the Indonesian islands but particularly the less developed ones. Not sure exactly why, the challenge appeals as not that many people go cycling there, the equatorial climate, the volcanoes? I am planning my first major bike tour, of 12-18 months duration, in Asia, but Sumatra is the part that I am most excited about.
Pffffft! Be careful what you wish for! I've ridden there in Medan, crazy crazy and the road to Danu Toba....no way not again!

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Love the mountains, so probably a tour of the Alps for me. Otherwise a grand tour of the Mediterranean. I am strangely drawn to car ferries, and loved a trip over to the Isle of Wight by ferry with my bike. Also jealously watched others cycling the Hebridean Way.
My perfect cycle + ferry trip would be either Plymouth to Santander ferry...cycle across Spain....ferry to Majorca or the canary Islands and back or Start in South of France ... ferry to Corsica .... ferry to Sardinia... ferry to Italy..... ferry to Sicily or Greece ..... etc (though no idea how to get back!).
UK tour.
Head for Scotland. Ferry across to Northern Ireland. Over to the West Coast, down through Mayo, Galway & Clare. Ferry to & from the Arran Ilses. Ferry across from Clare to Kerry. Back to the East Coast & a ferry to either Wales or England.

Top Bottom