If you had to chose one job on the bike that you hate.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I know a really easy way of doing that which you will love, But I'm not telling you, :rofl:... go and do a level 2, or just bring it to me,........;)

Nobber! :whistle:

Tojo

Über Member
Adjusting the front derailleur. Utter misery. The rear one's a breeze, the front one is entirely hateful.

Yes, they are total Tw**ts, because everyone I set them up for complains, as everyone thinks that its got 22 gears that you can use them all, you don't need too as the coverage will fill in if you use the front and rear accordingly..........:whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yes, they are total Tw**ts, because everyone I set them up for complains, as everyone thinks that its got 22 gears that you can use them all, you don't need too as the coverage will fill in if you use the front and rear accordingly..........:whistle:
Those were not my immediate thoughts when, having been charged £20 by CycleSurgery, Shepherds Bush, the chain fell off on the very first change down onto the smaller chainring. Their quick fix when I took the bike back was no better.

Tojo

Über Member
Those were not my immediate thoughts when, having been charged £20 by CycleSurgery, Shepherds Bush, the chain fell off on the very first change down onto the smaller chainring. Their quick fix when I took the bike back was no better.

What I meant to say was that I set them up as usable gearing as in if you are on the large chain-ring at the front I would not expect you to be using the 2 inside cogs on the cassette at the same time, and vice versa, on the inside at the front and the outside 2 on the back, as the chain deflection causes a bit noise in that combination...Hope this explains it better,....^_^

Levo-Lon

Guru
I like doing everything , no need for a bicycle exam pass either,just common sense and some tools..
internal cables are a faff but the result is worth the hassle

Trickedem

Guru
Setting up mudguards. Aaargh.
Cantilever brakes. Bllllhhhh.

Jody

Stubborn git
Washing the bike down after a ride knowing within minutes of the next ride it will be caked in mud again. Its rewarding but soul destroying at the same time.

Going to change the rear pivot bearings soon. That should be a PITA.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Cleaning is something I tend to put off - especially in the winter when it'll be undone on the very next ride and especially so if it's cold. Washing with water in freezing weather is just hateful.

Pumping tyres up for both myself and Mrs 26 before a ride does get a bit too much. And now I've left my track pump 250 miles away at my mother's :cry:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There are no jobs I actively hate, but you know that thing when you've trimmed a cable and it hasn't ended up 100% tight at the end..maybe one slightly frayed wire...and you cross your fingers and start feeding it thru' the cable housing and it's fine and it goes all the way....almost. And then 3" from the end, you feel it suddenly stop sliding thru', and you think, 'uh-oh'...

Top Bottom