If you had to chose one job on the bike that you hate.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Get a decentish floor standing track pump. Takes 10-20 strokes to pump a 700x23 tyre to full pressure, really really not a big deal.

subaqua

What’s the point
without a doubt it's aligning new brake blocks.

on Magura hydraulic vee brakes . yes I know it should be as easy as ( to paraphrase a well known hangover cure) plink plink fizz. but it is not.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Something doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming to be hated (eg. aligning brake blocks, pumping up your tyres).

I absolutely loathe washing dishes, seeing a sink full of dirty pots is getting toward blind rage territory for me, but it is very easy and usually over and done with pretty quickly!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
IME brakes are hateful only when they're cheap (or elderly) ones that are never going to perform well anyway: I replaced the 1980s Weinmanns on my fixie with deep drop dual pivot Tektros recently, and the pleasure I got from doing the job is only marginally outweighed by the pleasure I now get from actually being able to stop when I need to :-) . Setting up mudguards so they don't rub is the job I least like. Though I'd add "cutting steerers" if I did it more often

Brakes, on a London fixie, what is this alchemy!!!?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Two brakes. And drop bars. And mudguards. And a rack. I heard there was a prize for Least Fashionable Fixie Ever, and I'm determined to make a good stab at it
The purple people eater will win the prize hands down

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Removing old handlebar grips and fitting new ones can be a bit of a tortuous job (but fortunately a rare one).

Cleaning handlebars after removing bartape can be a real pain. Once I removed my handlebars from my steel bike to sell and I wanted to send them looking as new. I spent 20 minutes cleaning them and making little progress. A change of tactics was required so out came the gasket remover and after 15 minutes wait with the aid of some wire wool it took a couple of minutes for a shiny clean.

Top Bottom