If you had to describe yourself in a derogatory manner....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Flying_Monkey said:
It's funny how people are quite generous to themselves even when asked to describe their worst sides.

At my worst, I can be, or have been some or all of: vain, pompous, arrogant, uncaring, insensitive, a liar, a cheat, a seducer, a hypocrite, and probably other things besides.

I may have been particularly bad during my life, but I don't think so. I reckon that people who say that their worst failing is being something rather mundane or slightly irritating are either lying to us, or perhaps more importantly, themselves... and yes, I know this is just a question on a cycling forum... but it interests me.

I genuinely admire your honesty and have to say +1. However in my defence your honour, being all that occupied a relatively small part of time I've wasted, most of it being well in the past and now I'll cough to very occasionally being numbers three and four.

Have we got a smiley with a very slightly tarnished halo?

yello

Blimey, how long a list do you want? All of the 'self' words for a start; -ish, -obsessed, -pitying, etc etc etc. Miserable, oh lord I can be miserable. Bleak, negative and down-right depressing to be around. Arrogant, impatient, intolerant, even childish. Sometimes in witnessing my own antics I would have thought I was about 5. Mardy as they come. Shut me in a room and don't let me out until I can behave.

Arch

Married to Night Train
In no particular order, I can be:

Pedantic, far too able to hold a grudge, pessimistic, snappy, lazy, diffident/afraid of doing stuff, and perhaps too likely to be wound up by people taking the piss. Oh, and a tendency when I'm angry, to cry instead of arguing constructively.

I'm also not speedy on a bike, although I don't see that as a downside, provided I'm not holding people up too much, I just know my pace and enjoy it.

Oh, and I could do with losing a stone, really.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's bad enough having other people doing it, without me joining in... :blush:

tyred

Legendary Member
Where do I start:wacko:

Opinionated, pedantic, lazy, cynical, stubborn, quiet and shy, allow myself to be wound up by others, very critical of myself, I'm sure I could find other words to describe myself if I had a flick through a dictionary.

Apart from that, I'm a nice person:tongue:

Also very slow on a bike but don't give a shoot. I'll live life at my own pace.:blush:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Lazy, unambitious, pedantic, drunkard, unempathic, uncommunicative, angry, cynical, smelly, psycho.

Though I'd argue that pedantry and cynicism are plus points!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As Rabbie said

O wad some Power the gift tae gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An foolish notion:
What airs in dress an gait wad lea'e us,
An ev'n devotion!

Top Bottom