If you made a cycle awareness short info film what points would you cover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If we could persuade our government to spend less on police on overtime telling us to wear helmets and use the spare cash to make a public info type film for national TV what points would you prioritise?

Bearing in mind it will only be 2 or 3 minutes long I think a max of 3 crucial points can be used.

Mine would be. 1 (aimed at cyclists)Showing the dangers of passing vehicles on the nearside at junctions.

2 (aimed at cyclists and drivers)Explaining why its not allways safe to use cycle lanes and why cyclists sometimes need to be in primary position.

3 (aimed at drivers) Trying to encourage them to have a bit of patience then give plenty of room when passing.

What would yours be and would we be flogging a dead horse trying to turn this into reality?

ShipHill

I wish I could get through to Joe Roaduser that driving like an idiot to get to the queue of traffic 50 yards up the road, which saves zero time for them in the long run but endangers lives and risks accidents, is a wholly pointless exercise. Your point 3 basically but it would need to be clever to get through to a lot of car operatives.

The cyclist are killed by motorists. The campaign should be directed at them. If you listen to them, motorists, you will be amazed to hear that they genuinely believe that we cyclist should not on roads. Roads belong to them.
Therefore our campaign should be to directed at your number 3 but we should not be pleading or begging with them for our space.

Top Bottom