If you managed to ride today.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I rode in. It was as windy as hell though and mostly head winds. Legs are completely fooked. Ride home should be fun!

andyfraser

Über Member
It's not too bad here. There was some snow on the ground and there was still some light snow falling when I left but the roads were fine. My Garmin was reporting -0.6C but there was no ice. I was still a little cautious just in case though.

andyfraser

Über Member
Andy not too far from me......the worst problem I had was hailstones stinging my face.....yuk
Ouch! Thankfully it's been a long time since I had to ride in hail. Not pleasant at all.

We're very lucky here with the weather generally. Having said that it'll be probably be horrible going home now!

fimm

Veteran
I don't cycle far (bike-train-bike commute) and my route is all on main roads. It was fine (apart from the slope down the side street from our house, which I walked part of the way down before concluding that it was OK.
I'm sure the driver who gave me a long blast on the horn was congratulating me on my all-weather cycling ability :smile:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Last night I took the rack & child seat off the hybrid, fitted a clip-on mudguard and a better rear light, and rooted out my ski gloves.

There was no way the weather was stopping me ride today. I did the 10 mile route to see how much slower I was on the hybrid compared to the road bike. Will know later when I upload the data.

The roads were wet but only slushy on higher ground.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I rode in, because I'd have been late otherwise. I just took it very easy. Wish I'd worn thicker gloves though. Brrr.

biking_fox

Guru
trivial- slightly cold with a hint of frost on exposed parts, but nothing notable. two cars had a dusting of snow on them so they'd come in from much further away. Glad of my fleece lined nightvision gloves, but otherwise ordinary winter ride.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
The radio is talking doom and gloom, but the ride in was fine aside from traffic (A20 closed had a knock on all over the place) caused by grumpy diverted drivers. At the moment it's blue skies and sunshine but we'll see what the ride home brings.

Top Bottom