If you're going to die soon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
.. do you just carry on working as normal? Do you hand in your resignation and go on your bucket list escapades? Do you just carry on with your 9-5 (or 7am-11pm)?

Just wondering what you all would do?

Jody

Stubborn git
Depends on the prognosis and how much finance is in the bank. If I had enough cash and not long to live then work would be the last thing I would do.

Brandane

Legendary Member
As little work as possible would be getting done. Which probably means no notice, I would just walk away as if it didn't exist. I have a pension and some savings; no point in departing this life with any cash in the bank, especially as I have no direct family to leave anything to. As long as I was fit enough, it would be a bucket list extravaganza involving a lot of alcohol and fine dining. Stuff cycling too; more important things to do!

User269

.. do you just carry on working as normal? Do you hand in your resignation and go on your bucket list escapades? Do you just carry on with your 9-5 (or 7am-11pm)?

Just wondering what you all would do?

Is there something you want to tell us?

Levo-Lon

Guru
On a sadder note a close family member has just been told she has a brain tumor the size of an orange in the frontal area of the brain.
No prognosis yet ,and she has a 18 month old baby too.

Hoping she gets good news.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Work have us over a barrel unfortunately. As part of the pension package there is a 12 x annual salary payout in the event of death in service. This, and only this, would probably keep me working to the end because that would be a huge sum to help my family get on with their lives after I had gone.
Not a cheery thought though :sad:

Milzy

Guru
My mother sold her house but by the time the money came through she was way too poorly to enjoy it. I wish I had got into debt my self and taken her to some interesting places before she got too weak. Always regrets.
On a side note I wonder if people who’ve got a few months to live ever go murderer somebody they hate and then just take an overdose?

Top Bottom