If you're going to die soon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Nothing like a happy, cheery thread to buck us up.
As others have said.....depends on many things.
I am retired so, like drago, know not what the word employment means.
In my case.......cycle every other day. Play golf alternate days. Get bladdered every night.

colly

Re member eR
Depends on the prognosis and how much finance is in the bank. If I had enough cash and not long to live then work would be the last thing I would do.

I hope you don't mean that !

I suppose it would depend on how long you had before the big event. If it was say 12 months then sell up do everything you ever wanted to do but never quite got round to doing. If it was 10 mins........................

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Mrs @BoldonLad often concerns herself about the fact that we may leave some cash to our spendthrift offspring. I cannot say it bothers me either way, since, by definition, I will not be here to see it. My usual answer to her is...... "right, so, we estimate when we are going to die, and then work out how to spend all of our money before that date, what happens if we wake up, the morning after, and we are not dead? ". Even those pronounced "terminally ill" do not know precisely when the reaper will call (unless the buy themselves a one way ticket to Switzerland).

winjim

Smash the cistern
Death in service usually pays once you're diagnosed as terminally Ill. You don't have to wait until you actually expire.
For my friend and colleague it made better financial sense for her to take proper retirement once she found out it was terminal. That way her family get a better pension and also an amount from the union I think.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'd try to get to all the places I'd love to see.
You might not be able to. My friend was so weak from the cancer and chemo, she couldn't even manage the weekend in Skegness they'd organised as a honeymoon after their fast-track wedding. Her bucket list became a day trip with the kids to the sea life centre, which she did manage.

Top Bottom