Ignoring People

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought the OP was quite clear.
This was the bit that confused me (and still does)

, if I were to put someone on ignore and they post in a thread I am following, I get an alert to new content.

You don't get an alert if someone you are ignoring replies to a thread you are watching, or quotes you in any thread. So I'm really not clear what you mean.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

You don't get an alert if someone you are ignoring replies to a thread you are watching, or quotes you in any thread. So I'm really not clear what you mean.

I sometimes, when looking at thread titles, see that the newest poster in a particular thread is by

'Ignored Poster'

You then click on the thread and when it comes to their post it gives you the choice to look at it. You have no idea what they have posted unless you choose look at it, so they could be replying to you or anything, you just don't know.

snorri

Legendary Member
The only solution for those unhappy with the status quo regarding posts by Ignored members would be to have an electronic mechanism which would modify posts made by the Ignorees to a form acceptable to the beliefs of the posters Ignorers, only then would the post appear as an addition to the thread. Of course for posters with multiple Ignorers this would require different amendments in order to align with the differing viewpoints of each Ignorer, but I'm sure it could be made to work:whistle:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The only solution for those unhappy with the status quo regarding posts by Ignored members would be to have an electronic mechanism which would modify posts made by the Ignorees to a form acceptable to the beliefs of the posters Ignorers, only then would the post appear as an addition to the thread. Of course for posters with multiple Ignorers this would require different amendments in order to align with the differing viewpoints of each Ignorer, but I'm sure it could be made to work:whistle:.
:giggle:

winjim

Smash the cistern

Right, I'm doing an experiment. I'm going to put a few of you on ignore for a bit, and see what happens if you reply to the thread.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well, in these days of Big Data the system should be able to build up a reasonable profile of each of us, from our likes and so forth and should be able to come up with a good stab at what will please us. If it finds it has insufficient information it could just default to a picture of a kitten.

U

User32269

scary cat 2.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Right, I'm doing an experiment. I'm going to put a few of you on ignore for a bit, and see what happens if you reply to the thread.
Right, I've got what I needed, you're all back off my ignore list again :okay:.

Top Bottom