Ignoring People

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
Adrian... Adrian... ...Adrian,

I never had you down as the type who would run a vanity project.

What I would really like is a facility where I don't get an alert to new content only to find it is going to be some nonsense from a perennial poster of such.

.... yeh right, you love correcting nonsense, you are on it like a rash, it is your raison d'être :rolleyes:. Sometimes you correct my nonsense (with your own nonsense) even before I've written any nonsnese at all. :crazy:.

We can all thank you because memes like this wouldn't exist without you.

60485064.jpg

Besides what would you do if you were ignoring all the nonsense? You'd have time to go cycling or empty the dishwasher or something...

The only improvement to the ignore system I can think of would be the facility to ignore people on specific threads - I use the ignore sparingly - typically for the people who post the same repetitive cr*p ad nauseam in lieu of any reasoned viewpoint - it is no coincidence that the same posters indulge in petty handbags often pages long that are often detrimental to interesting or informative threads - The ignore thread facility is useful in that threads that are a total waste of screen space can be despatched to oblivion

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'd love an ignore function which completely ignores everything about a person (likes, no "ignored content" popups) but leaves threads they start visible.

There are a few people for whom I dream of an ignore function that simply erases them for ever.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A new problem: you have someone on ignore, so you don't see their annoying threads; then people start making parody threads!
Ah yes. It does begin to make sense of a mad world.
[QUOTE 4400404, member: 45"]I'd just like to apologise to anyone who can't read this.[/QUOTE]
Read what?

Can we ban more people? I don't like this new tolerant CC society, I like people banned and for them to stay banned.

I have lists and stuff. I have an iphone list, a London list and a couple of others but for some reason I thought of them first.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Is technology really the answer to your quest to ignore somebody?

TWAT!!

Can't you just read the first sentence of their post, mutter "Twat!" and scroll on down?

To be fair, I imagine I am ignored by many, but I myself only ignore two people at the moment, both of whom are/were nothing but complete and utter trolls. One because he was being a foul idiot and did nothing but get my 'twat hackles' up all the time and the other, because of the way he treated someone else on here. I am not even sure he still posts on here either (last activity was in April 2014, I just checked) but being ignored was the least he deserved.

Yep, I ignore on behalf of others!! :angel::thanks:

Last edited:
Top Bottom