iLB's ride to India ...progress report...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yebbut, you get all the likes! ;)

I don't ask for 'em... :okay:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 89 Baku, Azerbaijan
First practice F1
upload_2016-6-17_14-24-44.png

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 94. Andy is on his way at last.

The setting sun over the Caspian Sea last night. There was a long wait to get on the boat Tuesday night and we didn't depart from Alat until around 6am on Wednesday in the end. The Caspian was so calm and the trip was stunning. Country number 12, Kazakhstan.
upload_2016-6-23_9-27-37.png

iLB

Hello there
Well almost, I ended up catching the boat much faster than anticipated so my visa for Uzbekistan doesn't kick in until July 6th and its only 8 days riding max. Fortunately I think I have found somewhere to stay here for free until Monday to soak up some time, there's not much option for waiting around once I enter the Usturt desert. Gives me time to figure out how to carry 10 litres of water though.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 98
After a few days in Aktau to prep and rearrange panniers to accommodate me carrying 10 litres of water per day (goodbye winter bibtights) tomorrow will feel like hitting the start line again. I'm keen to get moving north and east towards Beyneu and the Uzbek border, the Ustyurt desert and 35°+ heat lies in wait. They say life begins outside your comfort zone, time to find out.
upload_2016-6-26_19-26-51.png

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@iLB
Have also sent this through a couple of other forms of communication just in case.

Andy, found this info on CGOAB,
Tea/water stops on the road to Beyneu
0km Aktau
52km Chaihana at intersection. Sells some basic groceries too.
100km Chaihana at intersection. Sells some basic groceries too.
126km Town. Didn't explore inside but large enough to be a shop and Chaihana.
148km Town. Didn't explore but I saw a shop.
168km Shetpe (town). Decent sized shops off the main road through town.
178km Town. 1km off the road, didn't venture into it however.
217km Asphalt stops, the fun starts here.
238km Town. Chaikhana on the road.
261km Chaihana at the top of the hill.
283km Asphalt starts.
301km Otec (town). Asphalt stops. Decent shop near railway station intown which is 5km off the road.
334km Chaihana.
358km Chaihana.
408km Chaihana.
452km Chaihana.
485km Beyneu.

God speed mate, ride safe through the desert.

Day 98
After a few days in Aktau to prep and rearrange panniers to accommodate me carrying 10 litres of water per day (goodbye winter bibtights) tomorrow will feel like hitting the start line again. I'm keen to get moving north and east towards Beyneu and the Uzbek border, the Ustyurt desert and 35°+ heat lies in wait. They say life begins outside your comfort zone, time to find out.
View attachment 133102

Best of luck for this leg. I hope all goes well and look forward to hearing the next installment.

Top Bottom