Ill behaved brats in coffee shops and even pubs now FFS rant.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Charming, I hope your second stage tastes of algae and your octopus falls off :tongue:

you have seen my kit then !!!

Reactions: TVC

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Can I please add unsupervised bratlings in supermarkets please. I've been knocked flying but one who careered in to the back of my legs, taking me out at the knees. Mother completely unfazed and worried that I had hurt her little darling. I muttered something about 'I'll bloody hurt him if he knocks me over again'.

A supermarket is not a suitable place for a couple of kids to play 'it' IMO.

U

User169

Can I please add unsupervised bratlings in supermarkets please. I've been knocked flying but one who careered in to the back of my legs, taking me out at the knees. Mother completely unfazed and worried that I had hurt her little darling. I muttered something about 'I'll bloody hurt him if he knocks me over again'.

Odd isn't it. People write about their fantasies of injuring small people and it passes with barely a murmur. If someone were to post along similar lines, but the small person were say a dog, all hell would break loose.

Saluki

Odd isn't it. People write about their fantasies of injuring small people and it passes with barely a murmur. If someone were to post along similar lines, but the small person were say a dog, all hell would break loose.
I didn't just write it. I said it to the kid's owner. My muttering was audible enough to be heard by the mother person. I was in pain and I couldn't reach my stick without help so I had to crawl to get it. Quite frankly the kid was big enough to know not to charge about like a loon. It was like being knocked over by a good sized labrador.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill

Fall on top of them, they may think twice next time. :smile:

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
That depends on the dog to teeth ratio of the dog.

Saluki

Just want to add that I was taken out - deliberately - by a pair of 10 year olds at the skating rink 4 years ago. The kids were targeting people and passing them fast then 'falling' to the floor to trip them up. They had also been sliding into the back of people's legs. I turned so that I didn't land on one and hurt him. My wrist broke in 3 places and, being self employed, it cost me a business, we had to sell the house, I sold the car and was out of action for 6 months. Still in pain with the wrist. Parents totally unfazed by it all, even though the kids had already been told off by the marshalls and had been given a 15 minute time out. They thought that the kid were 'just playing'.
Kid's charging around and being irritating can have serious impact on people. I'm not a fan of them really.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Or the big person a motorist, and the small person a cyclist.

(To be fair, I have seen some fairly sociopathic stuff on here regarding dogs, mind).

Could be that the difference is in the perceived likelihood. We can all relate tales of punishment passes &c, I suspect relatively few of us were thumped by strangers when we were nippers. And those that were will be along shortly to insist it never did them no harm not no way, and contributed to their measured outlook on matters disciplinary.

Top Bottom