Illegal to park on cycle lanes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Is it always illegal to park on cycle lanes or does it depend on the lane? I frequently come across cars parked on cycle lanes in my city, and the other day I came across a clearly marked cycle lane with cars parked nearly bumper to bumper all the way down its half-mile length.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Solid or broken line?

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 4863016, member: 9609"]what type of line divides it from the road? If its solid line then no parkng or driving in it, if its broken then you are allowed to if you have no other option, which pretty much means its a free for all space[/QUOTE]

Solid or broken line?

Solid line I think although not 100% sure

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 4863016, member: 9609"]what type of line divides it from the road? If its solid line then no parkng or driving in it, if its broken then you are allowed to if you have no other option, which pretty much means its a free for all space (I needed to park outside my hose)[/QUOTE]
Little point in having a cycle lane that people can park in, is there?

ozboz

Guru
There is a Cycle Lane on Kew Road next to Kew Gardens with an unbroken white line , but after 10 am all and sundry can park there , many coaches as well , so check and see if there are time restrictions etc ,

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
They are pointless in their current form.

As I used to highlight to twonks in cars and sometimes twonks on bikes (when I rode a bike many years ago) who tried to give me advice on using them, I'll fecking make that choice you nobbers...
They encourage car drivers to get close

Tynan

Veteran
'You MUST NOT drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a solid line during its times of operation.'

So yes and no but i respectfully suggest that this was covered by by initial answer, nearly

Top Bottom