I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Why do American bicycles have the brakes set up the wrong way around?

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere but John Lithgow brilliantly played a horrid piece of work in Season 4 of Dexter.
The problem is you need to watch 3 seasons of Dexter to get there. FAMOUSLY THERE WERE ONLY FOUR SEASONS STOP AT THE END OF SEASON 4
This is the sort of tip which needs to be more widely disseminated.
I first saw Lithgow in The World According to Garp, playing the one who didn’t have oral surgery.

KcC2fdm.jpg

There’s something about Roberta

Why is so much apparent 'tat' in shows such as Auction Hunters, Storage Wars etc, worth so much money ? $70 for a tatty table, $150 for a pretty mundane dressing table from the 1970s ? Youd be lucky to get a fiver for such items here. How much do Americans earn for chrissakes ?
They’re using TV dollars, which magically inflate when the camera is on. But you’re not far wrong. I once spotted what appeared to the untrained eye to be a weapon of mass destruction in a salvage yard in Somerset (guessing - it was somewhere west of here). I probably could’ve had it for the price of a slightly scuffed American vanity table.

gVwhC8S.jpg

Do you think Harry and Megham will eventually become king and queen of America?
I trust this will answer your question:

View: https://youtu.be/cAZ8QJgFHOg

Is the size of the pack related to the size of your fanny?
Not that I know of, inversely, perversely, or otherwise.

Is it true that Jerry Springer started off as a social worker?
Is true that Jerry’s springer spaniel is called Woof?
Unfortunately I’d just be Googling, same as you. Let’s watch this instead and ask ourselves, can’t we all just get along?

View: https://youtu.be/N9sAhOTFRTE

I wholeheartedly second your book recommendation.
My copy is probably somewhere in the loft - would be the work of just a day or so to find it again.
Edit: and I promise to reconsider my jaundiced opinion of root beer!

More towering literature:
PbQ1QSY.jpg

Fire the copy editor?

9yDIMj2.jpg

Blue Sky drinking

gbb

Legendary Member
They’re using TV dollars, which magically inflate when the camera is on. But you’re not far wrong. I once spotted what appeared to the untrained eye to be a weapon of mass destruction in a salvage yard in Somerset (guessing - it was somewhere west of here). I probably could’ve had it for the price of a slightly scuffed American vanity

Bloodhound missile. I saw them as a kid late 60s, early 70s, all lined up on a military base.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Who thought up 'grits'... and, secondly, why?

Top Bottom