I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
More to the point.

Have you??

:blink:
No, a Gentleman would never indulge in such vulgarity. I am merely researching what I can/cannot say should I ever wish to visit Trumpton Town in the future.

Why, when many countries citizens have just as many weapons (and sometimes more) do Americans spend so much time killing each other?
Why is there so many Columbine high school copy cat killings?
All of which lead me to believe that the gun lobbies view that " it's people that kill not guns" should be replaced with its Americans that kill not guns.
Signed a dual national whose has spent most of there life in the UK.

Why are your accents so similar, despite some areas being 1000s of miles apart? There might be a noticable difference in accent between Washington and Florida, but to the untrained ear it's not completely different. In contrast, Norwich and Liverpool are only 250 miles apart but the accent is chalk and cheese
Which is chalk and which is cheese? I come from neither so feel
free to insult!

Rocky

Hello decadence
Dear Sam,

Why is redneck culture not more popular in the UK?
And......have you ever seen a redneck in a turtleneck?

True. Even the Maori people were technically immigrants to NZ 700+ years ago. But as they were the first recognised settlers, perhaps that should be the deciding factor? But according to Google, the Spanish were the first to settle in the USA. I don't know how true that is though.
St Augustine, Florida is the oldest continuously inhabited settlement North of Mexico, founded 1565 by Spanish.
Spanish had conquered ( or visited) most of Western USA to Kansas by 1542.
Most of the places in the West were named by Spanish long before Anglo American wagon trains arrived.

Top Bottom