I'm done with being cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrianUK

only the brave wear speedos in the cold UK sea! lol

Managed to get my hairy legs out 1wk ago, for this evenings ride will be back to longs again:sad:, temp has dropped 10º since last week and it some how feels colder that it did in the depths of winter, my head is just all mixed up and my heart wants to just put on short bib and jersey:cold:

Cleared snow off the drive twice this week already but it is getting a tad warmer, may even hit 9º today

I foolishly swapped around all my winter kit to spring/summer about 10 days ago, so need to start digging out warmer things again:rain:

byegad

Legendary Member
I know I'm a weather lightweight - 7 years in California wrecked me forever - but I'm so tired of doing sport outside and being cold.I did a wonderful 30-miler yesterday in the Cotswolds but just really didn't enjoy it much as I was so cold. I ran this morning with a friend...and was cold. I'm tired of wrapping up and layering up, tired of finding my gloves. Tired of being shivery when I finish exercising. I've been cold since October and I'm ready to be warm again.

I want to run and ride my bike in shorts and a sleeveless top and get mild sunburn on my shoulders and have to drink ice-cold diet cokes, and then sit in the garden with an aperol watching the cats sprawled in the sunshine.

Come. On. Summer

Moan over. Sorry. Thanks for indulging me.
Yes..... Better be ready for summer, the season usually lasts 36hrs and ends with a thunderstorm.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Identify with the greats:
Charly Gaul, Giro d'Italia 1956, sunny Italy…

Last edited:
I know I'm a weather lightweight - 7 years in California wrecked me forever - but I'm so tired of doing sport outside and being cold.I did a wonderful 30-miler yesterday in the Cotswolds but just really didn't enjoy it much as I was so cold. I ran this morning with a friend...and was cold. I'm tired of wrapping up and layering up, tired of finding my gloves. Tired of being shivery when I finish exercising. I've been cold since October and I'm ready to be warm again.

I want to run and ride my bike in shorts and a sleeveless top and get mild sunburn on my shoulders and have to drink ice-cold diet cokes, and then sit in the garden with an aperol watching the cats sprawled in the sunshine.

Come. On. Summer

Moan over. Sorry. Thanks for indulging me.

100% with you on that ^^^ not to mention the extra time it takes to get ready, all those layers and still cold then too hot the minute you starting climbing.

Add to that the fact that it's snowed twice this week :blink:

1617892804634.png

I just checked and i've ridden all except 5 days so far this year and those we're the really wet and windy days, mind you i can count on one hand the number of days so far this year where the wind hasnt been double digits mph.

Top Bottom