I'm done with being cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
monks.JPG

The husband and I had planned a short hike today! We dropped the boy off at football camp, looked at each other and are going home to spend the day watching TV in bed with the electric blanket on. Duvet day.
:laugh:
Be grateful that you are a compatible couple; many are the tales of battles over thermostats, opening windows, tog-values, etc etc ...

I just checked and i've ridden all except 5 days so far this year and those we're the really wet and windy days, mind you i can count on one hand the number of days so far this year where the wind hasnt been double digits mph.
In Marlborough? That must be "gusting to", shirley? Not average. (we had a whole week of freezing-but-still days last month, didn't we?)

I don't really mind wind, to be honest; I'm happy if it's dry and there's no ice on the road - this is the UK!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
100% with you on that ^^^ not to mention the extra time it takes to get ready, all those layers and still cold then too hot the minute you starting climbing.

Add to that the fact that it's snowed twice this week :blink:

View attachment 582916

We got caught in that hailstorm - we were doing a family 10k on the downs and the hailstorm hit us. It was brutal, had to shelter under the very unsheltery trees.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
What is it about feet? Ms Teamfixed and I did a sneaky 30 yesterday.... nice, a little hilly, Knats valley, Enysford, Swanley... plenty to keep us warm. She was wearing two pairs of socks, neoprene thermal overshoes and ordinary waterproof over shoes over that but still her left foot fell off. Roll on spring.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I accept full responsibility for the unusually cold spring weather. My central heating boiler finally died (aged 30 years) about 2 weeks ago.
I have had a plumber in and set the wheels in motion to have it replaced but as with all local tradespeople just now, they are working flat out and he won't be able to get my replacement fitted for at least a month.

So prepare yourselves for a very cold spell, until the day my heating is up and running, when there will be a heatwave lasting for months.
I know this because sod's law and I are very well acquainted.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
To be honest I like it. As long as it’s dry. Gives me a reason to find a hill ie. to warm up. Makes me appreciate the cup of tea when I get back. Don’t get back as sweaty thus no need to shower.

Top Bottom