I'm in a world of pain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Having got back from a ride down to Stockbridge 61 miles, Mrs M wanted me to get some stuff up into the attic, I dislike going up there (no, nothing to do with spiders!) It depresses me, seeing all the stuff I have had to put up there, which really should have been skipped, stuff like boxes that items came in, old chairs, other bits of furniture, kids toys etc etc.

Yesterday whilst getting stuff out to throw away I managed to lose my balance, I fell over and hit the left side of my torso on the top of the ladder, got an impressive foot long cut along my rib cage and feel like I've been in the ring with Amir Khan, had to get the paramedics out from the station as I was in such pain, managed to get down the ladder and collapse on the landing floor, as I felt like I was going to pass out.

Mrs M was there with the frozen peas straight away. dosed up on pain killers now, very sore today.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sounds nasty xx(

Wishing you a speedy recovery, nothing broken I hope?

ChrisKH

Guru
Hope you get plenty of tlc from Mrs M. I'll trade you my loft for yours btw. MY wife throws nothing including toy boxes on the basis that you get a better resale value when she sells them on. Needless to say I hate it.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Don't believe anything is broken, just badly bruised ribs, bruising just starting to come out now, good job I had a day off work today (car in for MOT) <crosses everything crossable>.
Thanks for all your kind comments.xx(

curve

Long hot baths should help to soothe the pain. Hope you get better soon and be thankful it wasn't a lot worse.

Saddle bum

Über Member
It only hurts when you laugh.

Alcohol administered internally tends to help.

Sounds really nasty, I hope you feel better. Keep up the painkillers, frozen peas and keeping it still. Try and lie with that side of your chest elevated, if possible - it'll help all those nasty bruising and inflammation by-products to drain. Hot baths and alcohol should be avoided, but you knew that already, didn't you?

longers

Legendary Member
Ouch indeed xx(.

Had sore ribs myself in the past from riding into a tree. It's not a lot of fun. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

When I feel better, I going straight back up in that attic:angry:, and ALL the years of accumulated stuff is coming down (apart from the Christmas deccies), and is either going to the tip or, in the case of the kids old toys and my disused fishing tackle is going to a boot sale.

When we moved to our current house I /we emptied the attic of clutter, all of it went to the tip, so I swore that I would never let my wife store stuff ever again, I mean what's the point? If you have replaced something because you percieve/believe the replacement to be better, why in Gods name keep the old one? (Well apart from bikes maybe!):tongue:

Still on the bright side I didn't hit my head this time! I nearly always manage to clonk my head on a truss ;) which just results in a few choice expletives, this time I was so scared I'd done something nasty like crack a rib into a vital internal organ, that I just lay on the landing hurting like hell and was almost blubbing it was so painful:blush:

Top Bottom