I'm in a world of pain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

User259iroloboy said:
Having got back from a ride down to Stockbridge 61 miles, Mrs M wanted me to get some stuff up into the attic, I dislike going up there (no, nothing to do with spiders!) It depresses me, seeing all the stuff I have had to put up there, which really should have been skipped, stuff like boxes that items came in, old chairs, other bits of furniture, kids toys etc etc.

Yesterday whilst getting stuff out to throw away I managed to lose my balance, I fell over and hit the left side of my torso on the top of the ladder, got an impressive foot long cut along my rib cage and feel like I've been in the ring with Amir Khan, had to get the paramedics out from the station as I was in such pain, managed to get down the ladder and collapse on the landing floor, as I felt like I was going to pass out.

Mrs M was there with the frozen peas straight away. dosed up on pain killers now, very sore today.

In my day id; run a marathon, get run over by a car, scale a mountain, sail the pacific ocean, hitch hike back one one leg having lost it on the mountian thru frostbite - get up have a wash and an Ibuprofen tablet and be fit as a fiddle ! with my other leg miraculously grown back after the trusty Ibuprofen tablet ;)

:tongue: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Pffhtt...You were lucky... Eee when I were a kid I'd have to go to the local dump, climb all over rusting cars, cutting my self in the process (there were no antibiotics in them days) select an old bike frame, carry it the 25 mile back t'home, save up my pennies for months on end, walk bare foot to the cycle shop (bare foot because I'd sold my shoes to put food on t'table) then walk 25 mile t' nearest bike shop search round in the yard for some buckled/disgarded wheels,and a pair of 'bars, walk the 25mile back t'home, try and assemble t'bike one handed due to loosing t'other hand to gangrene, (remember no antibiotics)

then eventually once bike were built, cycle 300 mile to fetch a loaf of bread, cycle back, and bl**dy well make sure I was back in time for mother to have bread on t'table for our tea, or else face a thrashing from Our Dad.

then be sent to bed wi' nothin' to eat for rest of week...

Eee, tell the kids today that, and they wont believe you, tha knows!

(apologies to Monty Python)

girofan

User259iroloboy said:
Mrs M was there with the frozen peas straight away. dosed up on pain killers now, very sore today.

Mrs M sounds like the real pain. Standing over you when you have just had an accident, expecting you to cook lunch with frozen peas as the vegetables!! :smile::biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Oi, Girofan, watchit :biggrin: Anyhow, every cloud has a silver lining, I went to Hospital today as pain seems to be worse today, nurse there told me to see my GP and get some strong painkillers and take the week off work:becool:

The fuel money I will save NOT driving to work, has allowed me to purchase a 2006 Ivan Basso Team CSC Giro jersey and bib short combo from Prendas £72 including p&p instead of £129. It'll be a while till I'm back on the bike, according to nursey, I could be experiencing pain for several weeks :sad:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

I hope not Fossy, I hate taking time off work, in fact in the last six years this is only the second time I have had time off work through illness.

I'm supposed to be at court on Tuesday, at the moment there is no way I could drive any where, let alone to work, and once there be able to wear a heavy duty belt and staby!

What really annoys is the enforced time off the bike that my little exploit has brought about :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Don't think I want Mrs Pankhurst in my Attic, she'd be a bit musty by now:ohmy: Mrs P not the other half;)

Top Bottom