I'm now a blue slip accredited track rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Congrats. I got my blue slip a few months ago.

I'm still trying to get my pink slip. I've only had one session at the taster improver but it was very hard and they reckon on average 3 sessions on the taster improvers before you advance. No fast riding, so not quite the buzz of just giving it hell for leather of a taster.

A few technical bits like riding around cones placed on the track and riding a steady pace in parallel lines and lots of focus on keeping less than half a wheel behind the bike in front.

The good thing about getting the blue slip is there isn't the waiting times to get booked on an improver session.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Nice one.

You going for full accreditation Gaz and are you going to join the track league this winter?

BTW, for a flying lap on a taster session, do Manchester time full 250 metre lap or up to the 200m line (or both)? Traditionally it would be a flying 200 metre time trial for seeding the sprint competitions.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Nice one.

You going for full accreditation Gaz and are you going to join the track league this winter?

BTW, for a flying lap on a taster session, do Manchester time full 250 metre lap or up to the 200m line (or both)? Traditionally it would be a flying 200 metre time trial for seeding the sprint competitions.
No idea what I'll do next tbh, it's just a bit of fun right now :biggrin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'm down at the Velodrome tomorrow booking a first taster session for myself and a few guys from work.

Never been before. I've sent off the health forms yesterday, so hopefully they'll have us set up as NCC members so I can make the booking.

Looking forward to it :hyper:
After the 4th lap you'll enjoy it :biggrin:;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It's when you stop crapping yourself ;):biggrin:
Ah right then. So I need to watch out for
poop.png
on the boards do I :biggrin:

oldroadman

Veteran
Hmm - 18 secs for a lap is 14.4 for 200. Think, only 5.5 seconds a lap faster and you'll be at Ed's level!
Or a second less from a standing start and that's a ticket to Rio.
Just enjoy..

Top Bottom