I'm quite interested in this Falcon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-...ke-clements-shimano-cycle-eroica/401793917292

Does this look alright? It's the right size, colour etc. I'm very taken with it.

I have used that seller a couple of times , only thing i would say there packing skills were not great on the one's i bought , but that was a couple of years ago .

And they don't mind offers so remember that

I think it's pricey in current climate but if you like it then don't worry about it

If you fancy a trip up to Northamptonshire i might well have something in the garage that you like @Paulus

It all depends on how much you want to pay?
From the photos it looks to be in very good condition. The half chrome forks do it for me ! :smile:
They ride well. I was out on mine last night. Mind you I have alloy rims with narrow tyres fitted. Alloy rims can transform the feel of a bike.
As raleighnut says suicide levers can be used with confidence for just slowing down whilst your hands are on top of the bars.
As with most things . "You pays your money, You takes your choice !"
You can always say you got it for less! Who's to know ? :whistle:

Venod

Eh up
It looks OK for what it is, a cheap tourer of the period, but nothing special, the suicide levers were never seen on decent bikes, lower grade Shimano components, I don't know if its worth the asking price, I wouldn't buy it.

midlife

Guru
It looks OK for what it is, a cheap tourer of the period, but nothing special, the suicide levers were never seen on decent bikes, lower grade Shimano components, I don't know if its worth the asking price, I wouldn't buy it.

All the above is true but it looks pretty unmolested so as a period piece I can see the attraction. I quite fancy an old MR2 the like of which which I had in the late 80's......acceleration, dynamics, kit and comfort wise it's in the dark ages compared to the mini cooper on our drive at home. Still want one again though :smile:

Top Bottom