I'm rubbish at taking photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I've looked and looked and I can't see your beer anywhere..... FAIL!
IMG-20180620-WA0005.jpeg

Here's a picture of the lunch I had later on that day in Venasque.

No beer, but a cheeky little vin du maison.

The food, incidentally, was magical.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That's better. True artistry..... :cheers:

There's a 'rule' of one third/two thirds when it comes to skies and landscapes - in other words, the pic might look a little better with a touch more sky in it.

I'd have panned left or right a bit to decentralise the houses in the distance.

The "rule" for a classically proportioned image can be helpfully discarded with more unusual subjects, esp ones with a more abstract subject matter, such as "lots of purple".
Panning (rotating the camera on its vertical axis, from side to side) to remove the house may have worked, unless the field edges became visible.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'd have taken it in portrait with the lavender taking up 2/3 or 3/4 of the shot. Then I'd have moved from side to side in order to maximise the impact of the bare earth in leading the eye towards the houses and the lavender plants in framing that. Having the detail in the foreground then the lavender plants leading the eye away would emphasis the remoteness of the farm and the size of the field.

The joy of digital is that you can take a load of pictures then sit quietly later deleting the ones you don't like. If you took a dozen shots from different viewpoints you would find one that worked perfectly.

Top Bottom