I'm rubbish at taking photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I just realised, there's no beer, no food and no bikes. Just why did the OP take that picture? :scratch:
I like a whiff of lavender...

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

I bet the smell of the lavender was wonderful. Was it full of bees?
No, bizarrely. Though there were some late middle-aged tourists nearby, having a little picnic and playing some music next to their old campervan, which was both surreal and amusing.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Damn that's a good picture, I'm so jealous..
It tasted fantastic. And the plate cost €9. The wine €3.50 for the glass. All with a fabulous view from the balcony across the countryside.

Google "Les Remparts Venasque" and have a look at the restaurant. If you're in the area; go. It's a git of a climb on the bike, but my goodness, what a reward.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My crappy phone. I could hardly see the display.
If you're in the market for a new phone and want to get serious about photographs then I humbly suggest you consider a Google Pixel 2. I've recently bought one and the camera is fantastic. Its Ai can tell what the subject is, person, animal, food etc and adjusts accordingly. Alternatively a budget pocket digital camera will be able to take some very good shots.

+ 1 for the 2/3 rule.

However, this would also have been nice shot in portrait as opposed to landscape, and I'd have tried to get more of the gaps between the rows of lavender into the pic. Firstly, it would have brought more visual interest to the foreground, but secondly, it would also lead the eye seamlessly into the image.

Just my pennyworth.

Top Bottom