I'm toying with the notion of buying an Audi A4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
You do know the B class has a smaller boot than the A4?
Didn't look it went I went to see one. Me and Mrs.66 are test driving a B class later so we'll look again.

The actual floor area of the Audi boot was decent but the slopy tailgate eats into the cubic inches.

Salar

A fish out of water
I wouldn't be seen dead in one. It's a raised small Fiat platform and the only Jeep in it is its badge, which is lying. I don't see how it's different from the norm SUV? It's a pastiche, especially the 2wd ones with US army stars!

I loved my Jeeps, Wrangler & Cherokee, but these are not Jeeps. Heartbreaking is the Renegade:cry:

Can't think of a new SUV l'd be seen alive in.....maybe the new Suzuki Jimmy but there is l.o.n.g waiting list, maybe because it is what it looks like?

Audi A4, would have a petrol one.:okay:

I had the same feelings when my better half wanted one first time around. Fiat etc etc. but it did grow on me.
The second one we got is a much higher spec than the first and does what we want it to do.
The 2wd versions are just stupid. The Renegade is very popular in the States.

Regarding Jimnys I tried to convince the wife to have one, no chance, the new shaped ones look much better than the earlier one, but as there is only going to be approx 2000 available in the UK no hope of getting one.

Just wish you could still get SJ413's loved mine, really easy to work on.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Don't forget to take your flat cap and driving gloves.
20-times-alan-partridge-dressed-better-than-you-3.jpg

"Derrière le filet"

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Agreed, kia owner here, service and spares will change your perspective.. 7 yr warranty is just brilliant

Yes, we've been looking at a replacement for out VW High up! Albeit half-heartedly as it's 7 years old with only 24k on the clock.

The warranty is excellent as you say and the cars are very well equipped.

We've had BMW's, Merc's, Audi's ,v.fast hot hatches and people carriers (mainly company cars) etc in the past and whilst they are very nice things to drive they no longer fit our lifestyle, cost way too much to buy (or PCP etc) and frankly seem out of step with environmental concerns (and we are a long way from being activists on this front).

We have friends who have just purchased a 565bhp Range Rover Autobiography LWB for well into 6 figures and it will be used for shuttling just two people around on short journeys in The Lakes - what a crazy situation! They take the proverbial out of our little car despite them knowing that if we wanted a great big lump like theirs it would not be a financial problem for us - we just like to buy what is appropriate for our needs.

On the other hand we have some very wealthy friends and they too have down-shifted their car choices considerably so we are not alone!

This little fella has caught our eye - Picanto GT-Line S. Has everything we could need/want - climate control, cruise control, DAB, heated seats & steering wheel and all the usual safety kit.

We had a tootle in the dealer's demo (slightly different model in the range) and it felt as well built as our VW.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
This little fella has caught our eye - Picanto GT-Line S. Has everything we could need/want - climate control, cruise control, DAB, heated seats & steering wheel and all the usual safety kit.

We had a tootle in the dealer's demo (slightly different model in the range) and it felt as well built as our VW.

The Japanese, and later on the Korean's have been building superbly engineered cars for ages. If you don't care about badges and all that crap they're a complete no-brainer. German cars are over-priced in comparison for something that is probably not as reliable as far as I can tell. I currently have a Golf GTD 2018 company car, its good, but my mum's 2016 Hyundai i10 is just as well built in my opinion, and the Golf is very well built. It cost just less than a 1/3 of the price. Really impressive Korean cars, excellent new and used buy, with that mega warranty.

OK, that was an interesting day.

Mrs. 66 ruled out the B-Class, as the boot was too small.

Mr. 66 ended up buying a C-Class estate instead....
Nice! Never liked the B Class when delivering them, seemed an oddball add-in to the range. C220 or 250 D were the ones I enjoyed driving, as well as the E Class estates. However, with Diesel's uncertain future, I don't know what I'd buy now, even with unlimited cash...

Top Bottom