'i'm very interested in one of your bikes...'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
hey CC'ers! hope you're all doing alright...just to bookend this thread, i got my new bike :hyper: after the little disagreement with Giant, i was then hoping to get a BMC teammachine slr02 from evans...that shipment got delayed - they put the date back more than a month...i was going to wait...then found my new bike hiding away in the corner of the same website looking a little sorry for itself...SO! i got a 2013 merckx emx-3 - down from 2.8k to just over 1.9! rode it for the first time Sunday morning. oh my goodness. it is a dream. i'm not sure if it's the geometry, the carbon lay up or a combination of all the things that make a bike work but i was amazed at how comfortable it is, almost straight out the box, a quick fettle with the bars and saddle and seat post and it was pretty much bang on first time. love it love it love it! :dance:

A Merckx is Belgian and is therefore cooler than the BMC or the Giant. You win!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Merckx is beyond cool. Eddy is Rule 5 personified.

Love this forum for healthy debate & nearly always without snidey remarks. Just as an FYI to those that asked, I can't test ride the BMC - they dont take stock of it til the 9th - prepared to wait & take abit of a chance? Yep, that's me. Prepared to accept dismissive customer service? Nope :thumbsup:

You sort of can though as buying online gives you a 14 day return period. Unless of course you paid for it in store :smile:

Personally I can easily understand both sides. I wouldn't be upset with a store that couldn't get the exact bike in for a test ride, and would still buy from them. The flipside is that if I knew a shop which did offer the service, I would almost certainly buy from them instead.

I'm sure that the retailers have done their sums and tests and know whether the extra sales they got would properly offset the time wasters who made them get stock they may struggle to sell.

cd365

Guru
hey CC'ers! hope you're all doing alright...just to bookend this thread, i got my new bike :hyper: after the little disagreement with Giant, i was then hoping to get a BMC teammachine slr02 from evans...that shipment got delayed - they put the date back more than a month...i was going to wait...then found my new bike hiding away in the corner of the same website looking a little sorry for itself...SO! i got a 2013 merckx emx-3 - down from 2.8k to just over 1.9! rode it for the first time Sunday morning. oh my goodness. it is a dream. i'm not sure if it's the geometry, the carbon lay up or a combination of all the things that make a bike work but i was amazed at how comfortable it is, almost straight out the box, a quick fettle with the bars and saddle and seat post and it was pretty much bang on first time. love it love it love it! :dance:
I bought an Eddie Merckx EMX-1 a few months ago, I spent a serious amount on a bike I never thought I would, I do not regret it one bit, a lovely bike to ride.

Top Bottom