Image release forms at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cerdic

Unless you deal with "newbie's" you won't have.

Well, the last couple of new starters did some ‘training’. We don’t work in an office, though, so maybe that’s why we don’t get subjected to the latest corporate jibberish. The response from our lot is likely to consist of two words, the second one being ‘off’!

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have just read through the entire contract, finally got the darn thing to open. Bike bud sat there agog as I read clauses out to him. He particularly liked only drinking mugs with lids, no more than 500ml, no garish colours, no pictures or logos’.
It’s a no from me.
I have also looked at the bank account. It’s all good, I don’t need to take the job and will find something else.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I have just read through the entire contract, finally got the darn thing to open. Bike bud sat there agog as I read clauses out to him. He particularly liked only drinking mugs with lids, no more than 500ml, no garish colours, no pictures or logos’.
It’s a no from me.
I have also looked at the bank account. It’s all good, I don’t need to take the job and will find something else.

Sounds like a fun place to work! :whistle:

It’s a no from me.

They sound like a barrel of laughs. I can't imagine what publicity photos they would have produced with rules like that.

Perhaps they want you to drink from these:

s-l1000.jpg

Cerdic

It’s a no from me.

!!!!!

I‘d be tempted to take the job and turn up on the first day with a giant ****-off lidless mug in purple and lime green with a picture of Vladimir Putin on it. Just to see how long it takes…

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well done @Saluki ... If you are in a position where you do not need to go on bended knee to the ever increasing number of employers who think they can exert total control over you in exchange for minimum wage (or not a lot more) then walk away. Nothing will improve until these exploitative outfits get the message that we aren't kissing a55 any longer... I hope you are going to tell them exactly why you are not taking up the job offer. Sadly though, they probably won't be in the least bit bothered and will open their revolving door to someone else. Bums on seats is all they care about.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

The contract also stated working hours of cover from 0800 to 2200, 7.5 hour working day. I was told 0800-1800. Probation 6 months, monitored weekly, salary £1500 a year less than discussed at interview.
I can live with the whole dress appropriately, be punctual etc as that’s a given. No watches threw me a bit. I have no issues with mobile phone being in a locker, but no watches. It didn’t specify smart watches either. Having worked on military bases where there was a no photographs rule, but we were trusted to be grownups, in the office, I found that one a bit odd. It’s just a call centre for heavens sake. Also 1 months notice in writing, for a temp role, I thought a bit strange.

My ex boyfriend, with whom I am excellent friends, came over this afternoon. I got him to read through. He used to be well versed in work contracts from his time working in the electrical contracting industry, before he got very ill where they read every single word for any hidden nasties. Handed back my iPad saying “do not sign that, I will give you a month’s salary if you need it”.

He spotted a couple of other bits and bobs too. Mostly as he read it all and I had made my decision before I had got to the bottom. Something about any injuries due to ‘robust sports’ are not covered by company sick policies. What is a ‘robust sport’?. He reckoned that they would not be happy with my rock climbing, hooning about on a bike, kayaking or rowing and figured that HIIT might be seen as robust. He said that it was way too woolly and open to interpretation. Whereas we might think of a nice gravel ride as a jolly afternoon out hunting for a jam scone, the company might class it as extreme.
I strongly expect him to be correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

I really want to know too! ^_^
I don't want to get sued though.

Especially the bit about (my words, but their implication) get the customer off the phone pronto and get another call taken. It did say though, in upper case ‘time is money’.

Smallish Company soley based in Norwich. Not a huge one like Virgin, Sky, Voda or owt like that. If you are not in Norwich, you are pretty safe.

Joffey

Big Dosser

Especially the bit about (my words, but their implication) get the customer off the phone pronto and get another call taken. It did say though, in upper case ‘time is money’.

Smallish Company soley based in Norwich. Not a huge one like Virgin, Sky, Voda or owt like that. If you are not in Norwich, you are pretty safe.

I totally understand why you can't say and it doesn't matter who they are to me in sunny Yorkshire. Fair play for refusing the gig though, they sounded like a strange bunch.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

The worrying thing is all those people who do accept the job, and then don't realise that UK law trumps contracts, and that you can't sign your rights away.

Top Bottom