Imagine a world where we don't all have the right to drive...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I know :sad:

Our kid gets quite upset about being left a world that is already wrecked. I never know what to say. Every generation blames the one before, but we never did anything differently.
The sad thing is 'we' seem to be the generation who knew what damage was being done and most refuse to do anything about it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Our tent has a steel frame and cotton canvas. It weighs 65kg and comes in four bags. I wouldn't fancy getting it on the bus.

Should be OK, there always empty...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Many years ago most people seldom traveled more than 7 miles from home in their lifetime, yes it was the dark ages but could you imagine not knowing what's over that distant hill..

D

Deleted member 26715

Many years ago most people seldom traveled more than 7 miles from home in their lifetime, yes it was the dark ages but could you imagine not knowing what's over that distant hill..
It's not so many years ago, I can remember in the 70's going to a village pub on quite regular basis, some of the villagers only went out of the village once a week to shop in the nearest town & a trip to the nearest city to go to the hospital for a check-up needed military planning.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Imagine a world where your freedom to move around is restricted. ...mine isn't.
Imagine a world where you can't read the local classifieds, hook a trailer and go fetch your new spare bed. ...man with a van.
Imagine a world where you can't put a bike in your car and find a nice scenic place to start a ride. ...trains
Imagine a world where you are at the beg and call of time tables. ...yup, we live in one.
Imagine a world where choice is taken away from you. ...my choice to breathe clean air?
Imagine a world where more fuel is consumed by piecemeal deliveries than by bulk personal shopping. ...hmm, you haven't thought this through
Imagine a world where insanity prevails. :wacko:

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You know people from Thurlaston then. :whistle:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I don’t want to imagine a world without having the right to drive , I think it would be a miserable existence. I’m out.

If this is another thread about the environment? I’ve said it before, wanna save the planet stop breeding.
Exactly.

Everyone leaves a carbon footprint, no matter how smugly green they think they are. If every couple produced only one offspring between them the population of the planet would eventually fall to a sustainable level, but that is the big "Inconvenient truth" no one wants to face.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

I don’t want to imagine a world without having the right to drive , I think it would be a miserable existence. I’m out.

If this is another thread about the environment? I’ve said it before, wanna save the planet stop breeding.
I'm neither a breeder nor a driver. I'm pretty sure I'm not living in misery too.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Exactly.

Everyone leaves a carbon footprint, no matter how smugly green they think they are. If every couple produced only one offspring between them the population of the planet would eventually fall to a sustainable level, but that is the big "Inconvenient truth" no one wants to face.
Improved global healthcare does impact on population. The better the healthcare, the fewer kids a couple feels the need to have.

byegad

Legendary Member
If you go back 70 yrs or more, very few people owned a car. My dad an avid motorist in later life, had, aged 18, had his first ride in
a car in 1941, going to his mother's funeral.
Until 1948 when he bought his first car, an Austin 7 reg XG 3 [so it was old then] he cycled, took the bus or took the train. I suspect that, sooner rather than later, people will go back to this. My sons, in their 30s, cannot imagine how they'd manage, citing lack of public transport as the reason they 'have to have a car'. I keep telling them that they'd need to live nearer work and anyway, as the demand for public transport increases, so will the buses and trains.

Top Bottom