Imagine a world where we don't all have the right to drive...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A massive carbon tax, which would impact the most profligate the most.

Fund better, and affordable public transport (free for the most disadvantaged) - and freight trains - short distance delivery from railhead distribution centres - by electric vehicles (charged with renewables) - and bicycle rickshaws in towns .

Remember that 'fuel crisis' we had a while back..?

Suddenly the roads were beautifully quite for cycling, and walking.
People realised maybe they didn't need to drive about so much*.

Then everyone (not just the plucky / lucky few) could cycle and walk more with confidence.

Of course special dispensation for those with disabilities.. Carbon tax funded electric cars.

OK next problem???

*the 'Ash cloud' was great too.. No contrails scribbling on our beautiful skies, no noisy planes.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Improved global healthcare does impact on population. The better the healthcare, the fewer kids a couple feels the need to have.

And better education, equality, and employment opportunities for women does it too.

So all their status / security / fulfilment is not bound up in marriage and having children.

Reactions: C R
I'm neither a breeder nor a driver. I'm pretty sure I'm not living in misery too.

Aaah, but how will you know? You've never seen the village down the valley now, have you?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Including additional taxation for those who have children...tax rather than ‘subsidise’?

I certainly don't agree with the blanket child benefit that is paid out as a 'reward' for breeding.

And there should be far more discussion around limiting family size for all the right reasons.

It's 'funny' how so many folks wake up to environmental issues, only after they've done what is probably the least helpful thing one can do as an individual.

As if it's only once their genes are in peril, that they suddenly give a damn.

I believe birth rates are falling in most of the western world, which seems to be causing a panic amongst some politicians.

Probably the same ones who are a panicking about 'floods of immigrants'

D

Deleted member 26715

I believe birth rates are falling in most of the western world, which seems to be causing a panic amongst some politicians.
They are panicking as the state pension is built on a Ponzi scheme which is starting to crumble around their ears as people live longer

Edit:- State Pension

Drago

Legendary Member
I wouldn't cry if I woke up tomorrow to find all cars had been removed by Secret government forces. I'd laugh my arriss off at the able bodied but lazy majority as they bluster through a veil of self entitlement, but don't actually do anything to help themselves. Most of them would complain while the ship sank because they're too lazy to swim for it. Well, let 'em.

Top Bottom