In cog.Neat O!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2poqgpj.jpg

This happened to me today...I had just replaced my chain - 5000km - and it was just 'on the slip'. I thought I might continue with the existing cassette when... 'tinkle tinkle' into the road fell some metal! :ohmy:

33dbji8.jpg

the remnants - picked up before doing the duck waddle home wheeling sick bike... :smile:

vp9btg.jpg

But I had one of these and was able to 'get out of jail'... :sad:

70ym81.jpg

and got to work - at midday! :wacko:
And then got a good soaking going home - the fifth time in six rides this week :blush:

Milo

Guru
today my rear derailur decided to go screwy and I cant for the life of me adjust it perfect get a rattle on 2 of the cogs and its driveing me screwy

Brock

Surely that should never happen? I'd change your manufacturer if I were you. Have you tried Shimano? ;)

Puts on Supremes weekend dress.......

Im in the middle of a chain reaction
You give me all the Campag action
I wanna get where I can cycle on a journey
To anywhere and there aint no grinding noises
I need to get further and faster
So I can set me free
We talk about Shimano, Shimano
We talk about Shimano, Shimano, Shimano

We talk about Shimano

;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
You'd never get that with a decent Ultegra casette, even after ten thou.
...and three sets of shifters ;)

yenrod

Y.day eve my deraileur went into the rear wheel, upon starting from some lights - a total freako happening - I'm going to fnd one of those plastic spoke protectors and re-affix it as i feel it does the job now that ive got no rear mech and a bent gear hanger ! I'm now wonderig if my bike is jinxed in some bleedin way as so much goes wrong with the ****er !!!

red_tom

Aren't you supposed to replace the cassette and chain at the same time? (i.e. If one is worn then you replace both.) Or is this just a myth perpetuated by money grabbing bike shops?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
Y.day eve my deraileur went into the rear wheel, upon starting from some lights - a total freako happening - I'm going to fnd one of those plastic spoke protectors and re-affix it as i feel it does the job now that ive got no rear mech and a bent gear hanger ! I'm now wonderig if my bike is jinxed in some bleedin way as so much goes wrong with the ****er !!!
:blush::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
I would rather have my Record mech go through the spokes of my carbon rear wheel and rip the rear triangle from my Pinarello Prince ON A WEEKLY BASIS than fit one of those things! ;):blush:!;)

yenrod

Aperitif: i think you need to re-think your career; toothy'pegs aint for you im afraid - if you can snap a sproket you are one powerfull muther ;) you need to turn pro !!! ;)

Top Bottom