In-line barrel adjuster for front derailler.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My bike has Campagnolo gear cables which run inside partly inside the frame. There is no barrel adjuster for the front derailler and I'm thinking of installing an in-line one between the shifter and the point at which the cable goes into the downtube. Is this likely to create more problems than it solves or is it a good idea? I'm thinking of using a Shimano SM-CA70 with the existing Campagnolo Ultra Low Friction cable which is 4.1mm diameter. Will that be OK?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

jack smith

Veteran
Good idea im getting one for my sram front mech eith internal routing

woohoo

Veteran
I did the same thing. I used an M:Part in-line adjuster and it fitted fine with the Campag cables. It is really worthwhile doing; all that cable clamping / unclamping faffing about is a thing of the past and I've had no cable friction problems. Just make sure you know how to re-thread the inner through the frame before you start.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I did the same thing. I used an M:Part in-line adjuster and it fitted fine with the Campag cables. It is really worthwhile doing; all that cable clamping / unclamping faffing about is a thing of the past and I've had no cable friction problems. Just make sure you know how to re-thread the inner through the frame before you start.
I'm almost certainly going to have to replace the gear cable inner because the end of the existing one is pretty kinked (by the FD cable clamp). Can anybody suggest a suitable cable that will fit the Campag Veloce shifters and the existing Campag cable outers? Preferably not huge bucks. Thanks

woohoo

Veteran
I'm almost certainly going to have to replace the gear cable inner because the end of the existing one is pretty kinked (by the FD cable clamp). Can anybody suggest a suitable cable that will fit the Campag Veloce shifters and the existing Campag cable outers? Preferably not huge bucks. Thanks
I had to replace my inner for the same reason.. I got a genuine Campag replacement from Hargroves by mail order for £3.60 post free.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had to replace my inner for the same reason.. I got a genuine Campag replacement from Hargroves by mail order for £3.60 post free.
You are a star! I didn't realise that you could get Ergo cables individually, and I didn't know about Hargroves either. It looks like I might be totally sorted..........until I start trying to install the stuff.....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom