In praise of cycling caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
@winjim do you still fancy that cap upthread?
Oh blimey, I'd totally forgotten about that! I think that l/xl would be too big for me so I'll have to pass and let someone with a bigger swede have a go. Sorry for not getting back to you.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
So I want a cap, but I'd like a little help if there's any going spare. What's the best way to measure up? As has been mentioned there's not really a one size fits all, even if the manufacturers say there is. Also if you have one which is not prone to flying off on a decent descent do they tend to leave a significant dent in your forehead?

IBarrett

Über Member
I completely agree with User13710. I just bought a cycling cap and if they are all to be measured by this one you need a head the size of a basketball for them to be comfortable.
So sadly this one won't be gracing my head again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In my experience there's no way of knowing, until you put the thing on, whether it will fit or not. The one size fits all is true because the back is usually elasticated, but it depends on the shape of your head whether they sit securely or not. Some brands don't fit me well at all.
Or in my case ... it (just about) fits DESPITE being elasticated! The only way that I could get my 'one size fits all' cap on was to cut the elastic out of it. It now fits so securely that it practically requires surgery to get it off.

If I still had as much hair as I did when I was younger, I would not be able to squeeze my head in.

Clearly my head is BIGGER than the 'size of a basketball'! :laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Think I might have to invest in a new cap, my one and only cap is looking a bit shabby now

0lonerider

Veteran
I'm after a new track cap but Evans seem tobe the only shop with a good selection in the store, got my sky cap from start cycles but they only had a small selection in the other day:sad:
im wearing a baseball cap till i can find a new track cap

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
So best to go try some on then by the sounds of it, or get them from somewhere with a good returns policy.

0lonerider

Veteran
20160506_163042.jpg

Looks like a ride to evans £15 a pound more than I paid for this one 6years ago:hyper:

Top Bottom