In praise of cycling caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
14626100270741526864739.jpg

Big fan of Walz here but this cap's my favourite. Finding it in the bottom of a drawer this morning made me very happy. Super comfy in hot temps.

IMG_20160508_123509044_HDR.jpg

Given my unusual motoring history, the back of this cap makes it special to me.

IMG_20160508_123618512_HDR.jpg

Widge

Baldy Go
Hi all.....ah yes! The CAP! :smile:

Being now of a certain age - and starting to appreciate the whackiness of nostalgia for more care-free times (?), I threw in a request for a 'Planet X' (Actually - an 'On-One') cap with a little order of cyclinge knick-knacks from their great May/Clearance sale last week.

Very Cheap - deliciously black and white - classic cotton cut - minimal logo.

After much agonizing - I eschewed my helmet in favour of this the day it arrived. Hell.....I felt somehow liberated, yet strangely elated and anarchic and in touch with the whole cultural heritage of cyliingg. Very Sharp. Very Velominati.

Sadly - I still looked a bit of a prat and my skillz did not improve even slightly, But I like it. A lot.

Best

widge

SWSteve

Guru
I love wearing cycling caps, regardless of the weather, they're very useful. I bought a le coq TDF emblazoned one, and it was a bit tight, since then I treated myself to a rapha cap - a world above as they're actually designed for people who don't have pin heads.

I find their shop in Shepton Mallet awfully useful for a decent, and not too expensive cap (y)

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
Perfect orange
IMAG1086_1.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You must be the only person who buys the cycling kit first, and then buys a bike to match that! :laugh:

Not even the kit. It was buying the bottle that stared it all!!;)

BOHOCLWB-500-WHT_P1.jpg

I can't use the bottle by the way. Well i can but only on the bike with a polycarbonate bottle cage. The others have alloy cages and alloy would mark the bottle which doesn't look very nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom