In praise of porridge oats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Porridge, my "special" is with milk and a small spoon of honey, then a sliced banana and a bit of cinnamon on top - yumm! (sometimes also with a bit of dark chocolate under the banana :tongue: :biggrin:)

also referred to as a "long run breakfast" in our household :biggrin:

T

Seamab

satans budgie said:
Southern softies,

get some salt on your oats man!

On your oatmeal surely:ohmy:
Soaked overnight and stirred lovingly with the spurtle - anything less is just not porridge.
Pour any leftovers into a drawer for cooling and taking out on the bike to keep you topped up.

bauldbairn

Love porridge original(with honey) or these flavoured ones - blueberry,apple,syrup,brown sugar. :rofl:

edit:
.....and now Raspberry is available..............mmm!

Kaid

Yup a porridge lover here too, acts as a great slow release and keeps me going from my early breakfast around 6am till well past midday and of course the bike ride in-between :rofl:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
chop in a banana and you've got the perfect cyclist's breakfast

nice thread title, by the way. Let's have more of them!

Plax

Guru
I'm a fan off porridge, just not of cleaning up afterwards!
My usual before a long journey is porridge made with milk, with honey and bananas. This morning I am using up the Ready Brek that was donated to me in my parents kitchen clearout. Nice, but not as satisfying, especially after I had a momentary lapse of concentration and had it explode in the microwave.

Mike A

+1 - another porridge fan signing in :rofl:

trio25

Über Member
Love it, wish I could get up early enough to make it on a work day. Its a weekend treat for me!

Garz

Squat Member
I eat porridge too and use honey as the natural sweetner. Great breakfast source, keep eating it!

Top Bottom