In praise of porridge oats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Over the last few weeks I've been eating porridge oats for breakfast boiled in water I then add sugar (sometimes honey) and cold semi-skimmed milk.

I seem to have a lot more energy on the bicycle. Just seem to be able to tackle the hills a lot easier. It's not that I don't eat much carbohydrate and some complex, but there just seems to be something funny about oats.

I''m trying to lose weight at the moment and wondered if it's not the best strategy.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Oats are great- slow release and better for you than other cereals.

GrasB

Veteran
+1 great fuel, I have oats on the weekend & in the morning if I'm off work. I wish I could get up early enough for a bowl in the morning before a commute. Problem is I need to be up for more than about 2h before I can stomach more than a banana & cup of Tea/Coffee. Even after my commute I can still only just about handle a recovery bar.

:smile:Nae, I use a spoon.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I LOVE porridge with either honey or a bit of sugar-made with water tho as I cant do Milkxx(

I rarely eat breakfast, just a bit of fruit, but have it for lunch and it seems to fill me up better than anything else that iv tried.

Top Bottom