'Inappropriate' behaviour By Your Teachers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In this world of PeeCeeGawnMaaad I was recalling those happy days of thuggish, perverted teachers who seem to have now sadly been replaced by hand-wringing do-gooders.

How I laughed when, as an 8 year old, my head was smashed together with that of my school chum for talking during a reading circle. I was then made to read my turn through tears, snot and seeing stars.

We also saw the funny side when Mr Hethrington, our adorably thuggish PE teacher, thumped an 11 year old boy in the bollocks so hard that he had to be taken to casualty. Of course the charge of assult didn't exist back then, so Mt H. was quietly transferred to another school. How we missed him.

And good old Mr Prigmore, another PE teacher who, when not trying to shag the French teacher, used to delight the 13 year old gilrs by walking through their changing rooms when they were getting undressed. They were so jealous when he was finally accused of fondling one of the girl's tits. Again, this little minx probably made the whole thing up so Mr P. was quietly transferred over to another school.

Ahhh, those were the days.

mondobongo

Über Member
Was educated by Christian Brothers violence was a normal part of the day.
We used to compete to see who could get the cane the most times in Brother Kaireys maths class. Justice was also meted out quickly by sports Teachers with a touch your toes off came his pump it quickly met your backside and you were on your way.

Remember in third year a lad who gave some verbal to a woman teacher being dragged from his desk by the RE Teacher his desk being kicked over anything you want in there said the Teacher before dragging the boy off.

Brother Livingstone did get a bit out of hand with the violence though and gave some right beatings out he moved on at the end of term.

The Teachers took no crap, corporal punishment was fact and no writing to your parents to ask permission. The School was well respected in Liverpool and turned out young men at 16 and 18 who could read and write knew what was right and wrong and had respect.

yello

I remember, at age 12, the girls in my class complaining that Mr Ward, our teacher, would look up their skirts when they were playing on the monkey bars. I didn't really understand why he'd do that. Seriously, I couldn't understand why he'd want to look at their pants. I'm only a little less naive now.

You all went to wimpy schools. At my school, we were routinely flogged with a cat o' nine tails and anyone getting more than a hundred lashes usually died. Three boys died in one week and no one complained.

Melvil

One old teacher of mine, Mr 'Von' Braun, used to delight in crushing pupils hands with his "Special Handshakes"...but the pain usually went away after a couple of hours.

the worst i ever had was from my geography teacher who lobbed a board duster at my head once for being abit rowdy, other times he found it great fun to chuck chalk at us too!

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I don't understand why you think you need to use violence to educate in schools? A 6ft adult hitting an 11 year old so hard in the knackers that he needed hospital treatment is not funny and should never be.

Violence is violence and just because it occured in schools doesn't make it acceptable.

Mortiroloboy

I had a PE teacher, Mr Alexander, he used to check to make sure you were taking a shower after sports, never thought much of it at the time, but now well...

graham56

Guru
During the 60`s i attended an all boys school where corporal punishment was liberally dished out daily.Dowel rod, yard blackboard ruler and blackboard duster among the the most common things used on pupils.Still, never did any lasting damage, and i suppose that at the time we all thought it normal practice.

I think I went to a similiar though not as severe school as Mongo. I remember well the teachers who used to dish out physical punishment on a regular basis. To a man, they were not good teachers. I can't think of a single exception. Not included in this were the plain eccentric.

Instead the ones who commanded respect, used no physical punishment whatsoever and achieved the best results.

I know which I prefer: Thank god teachers like that don't exist anymore. Things move on for the better. Old fashioned values are just that. They belong in the past as something we learn and move on from.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I went to prep. then public school and must have got caned four or five times for not working. On one occasion a handful of us boys were summoned to the head's office to be told about arrangements for half term, when our parents were leaving us at school because they lived abroad or, like mine, couldn't be bothered to drive the 80 miles to collect me. The head's wife walked in dressed as always for riding and swishing a riding crop. "What ho!" she brayed, "Are you boys all waiting for a beating? I'll do it!" Even at the age of nine I had a feeling that wasn't quite right.

I remember the PE teacher Mr Howell hitting a boy so hard on the head that he smashed his head against a cast-iron coat hook, which snapped off leaving a spectacular hole in the boy's scalp, through which we thought we could see bone. Probably wasn't though as I don't remember it bleeding. At public school we had a chemistry teacher named Robert Holmes-Walker who used to hit people around the head - he once walloped me so hard that my glasses flew into a corner. He forced another boy to inhale sulphur fumes for so long that the boy ran outside choking and vomited. We had a French teacher, one Father Martin Varley, who had his favourite boys who he used to cuddle rather long in the school swimming pool. He also used to stand at the bottom of the dormitory steps and would smack the palm of your hand with a leather strap if you came down late.

Both schools are now long defunct.

There is a website called Boarding School Survivors for anybody who is still suffering the emotional consequences of being torn from their family at the age of 8 then sent away to be bullied and beaten. The site makes the point that in the 60s the British public school system was still training children for careers in the military or the colonial services.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I went to a boys' Grammar school, for anyone who can remember what they were. There seems to be a common thread forming here as both my chemistry and games masters were more than happy to cause pain. The chemistry master hurled a wooden backed board duster at my head with tremendous accuracy. I didn't see it coming.

The games master was, in retrospect a bit odd. He also insisted on checking we were showering after rugby, also that we were not wearing anything under our shorts, and delighted at slapping backsides whilst we were in a scrum. It hurt mightily when the temperature fell to near freezing.

One event even made the local paper when the headmaster walked past our classroom and allegedly heard a pupil say the word............wait for it........"bloody." He went berserk and demanded to know who had said it, despite none of the class or the master in charge hearing anything untoward. Not surprisingly, no-one owned up so the head decided to cane everyone. When various pupils complained to their parents, the local paper was alerted which ran the story on the eve of the annual speech day. I suspect the head's cheeks were redder than the pupils backsides!

Bigtallfatbloke

I remember a certain science teacher by the name of Heron who asked me a question when I was dreaming at the back of the lesson on my first day in that school. I had no idea what the answer was because I wasnt listening. He shouted:

" Do you need a hand boy?!"
...erm...yes...erm...please...erm...i mean ...erm yes sir...

...then he unclipped his artificial hand and threw it across the class for me to catch!

I nearly died...I had no idea he had an artifical hand because it was in a leather glove.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The question is.... what are weirdos like this doing nowadays? Working as estate agents perhaps?

Top Bottom