'Inappropriate' behaviour By Your Teachers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Thanks to school dinners, I will never be able to eat liver. And I spent over a decade convinced that I hated Indian food, for which I will never forgive them!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'd love to see how some of the teachers I had Would get on today. I was slapped round the face and called an Irish Cur, another teacher stood in front of my class and said that whenever there was trouble in assembly it always seemed to be "The little black boys" who were causing it, and a third told us that if she was driving and had a choice of running into another car or a cyclist she would hit the cyclist because they were a nusience. All this was at junior school, at secondary school the routine violence meted out by certain teachers would result in an ABH convition now at the very least.

The funniest incident was when a rather creepy male teacher at my junior school made the front page of the local paper after making an indecent suggestion to a plainclothes copper in a public toilet.

Aged six, I was force-fed apple pie, which contained cloves. I hate cloves but had to eat my pudding up. I puked over the sadist bitch er, dinner lady. :laugh:

Messing around in the 6th form block (we were only 4th years) we were bolloxed by one of the maths teachers, and consequently slippered. I got two whacks, as did my mates, but one of them, a bit of a lad, remained in the bent-over position, and on being asked to leave, calmy said, 'Oh, have I had it yet, sir?' The teacher went beserk and really set about him, and we didn't know whether to laugh or run away. :biggrin::biggrin:

I was lucky; I played in the cricket, football and rugby teams, so I was mates with the sports teachers. One day, though, I was having a bit of a two-man scrum on the stairs with a mate, when the teacher, whom both of us had played cricket with the previous day, thought it was dangerous and took us to be 'punished'. The deputy-head knew my dad, and was also an ex-cricketer. On seeing us, he said, 'I used to be a fair bowler in my time, where do you want me to pitch it?' My quick reply was 'Er, wide down the leg side please, sir!' It didn't help, he carefully lifted the flap of my blazer (it was only a comprehensive school, but they were strict on uniforms) as if the extra cloth would have eased the pain, and gave me two of the best, whilst my mate looked on in horror at the impending pain!

Most of our teachers were OK, though; but one, the music teacher, instead of spanking boys, he bent them over his knee and rubbed their buttocks! ;)

I remember my French "master" - nothing as common as "teachers" there - writing "Bottom of the class and proud of it - has no ability" on my end of term report. Well, Mr. Faulkner, I now speak French, German, Spanish and Russian. Looks like you're the one with no ability. I only have fond memories of one teacher, our English teacher, Mrs. Perdue. Feminist, outsider, and a brilliant teacher.

As for the rest of it - the "fagging", exeats, cloisters every morning - all left me with a profound mistrust of authority and meaningless ritual.

Picture the scene - cloisters, pupils in black gowns lined two deep on either side in ascending order of seniority, prefects flanking the door in an honour guard. "Masters" descend the steps from chapel and progress along cloisters through the door in ascending order - the Headmaster was the last one in. As he swept past me, I stuck my hand up in a Nazi salute, visible to all students and prefects.

Well, I owned up at break and was sent to the Head with a note from the chief of secret police Head Prefect. I was prepared for the anticipated ritualised physical abuse. However, I wasn't prepared for being subject to a Wednesday and a Saturday detention every week from then until the end of the school year, often on the flimsiest excuse. An early lesson in how the upper classes will join ranks to protect their authority.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I went to a mixed catholic run-by-nuns primary (some wierd ones, others nice) boys' grammar as secondary, and thinking back, well, I got the cane 3 times (1x going on grass-you-can't-go-on in primary, 2x smoking in 2ndary), and there were various types of teacher... 1 was so scary even the head didn't dare cross him; at the other extreme was the English teacher who (during one phase) we all used to throw stuff at as he walked in the door at start of lesson (!)... it was a routine, that in the end we all simply got bored of... then there was the pE teacher whose eagerness for us all to have a shower, was a bit suspect... but more than made up for by the Frenchj teacher (I still go weak at the knees now, thinking about her!) and the female English teacher who used to "drop" her board rubber quite often and have to pick it up (she wore quite short skirts and low cut tops..) Enought to keep a schoolful of boys going there!!!

yenrod

>'Inappropriate' behaviour By Your Teachers

When i was in school once a teacher asked some lad t pick up what he'd thrown on the floor...a few times he asked....

He never (picked it up - the lad)

...he was then thrown against the wall a few times....by the teacher !

Or the was the teacher who 'liked' to repeatedly show the film of the religoius mercenaries circumsizing a young boy....to an RE class...

..or there was the teacher who always liked all the lads to get naked - AFTER PE; get in the shower and wash...

DONT think that kind of thing would go on nowadays...!

Melvil

Seems on the basis of this thread that an awfully high percentage of teachers were perverts! Do you reckon this ratio has continued to this day?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Aged six, I was force-fed apple pie, which contained cloves. I hate cloves but had to eat my pudding up. I puked over the sadist bitch er, dinner lady. ;)
:biggrin:

My experience was similar but with junket. Yuk.

I'm sure it was made with some inedible sheep parts.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
rich p said:
My experience was similar but with junket. Yuk.

I'm sure it was made with some inedible sheep parts.

At the first school I mentioned, if you were sick because the food was so disguting the 'matrons' would make you eat it... I am not exaggerating here BTW

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Melvil said:
Seems on the basis of this thread that an awfully high percentage of teachers were perverts! Do you reckon this ratio has continued to this day?
Probably nowwhere near as many. Over the last twenty years children are not only more likely to complain, they are also listened to when they do. In my school years during the fifties to late sixties you knew it was a waste of time because even your own parents had difficuly accepting that anyone in a position of responsibility would abuse children.

Rather surprising really, as they probably had it as bad when they were growing up. There was also a deep sense of shame if someone was the victim of sexual abuse, as if people had somehow brought it on themselves. It was easier for victims and their parents to pretend it hadn't really happened and do nothing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Miss Betts the French teacher used to sit on the desk, swinging her legs while wearing a miniskirt. Completely inappropriate in a boys school but I don't remember complaining:tongue:

yenrod

rich p said:
Miss Betts the French teacher used to sit on the desk, swinging her legs while wearing a miniskirt. Completely inappropriate in a boys school but I don't remember complaining:tongue:

She must of had a fantasy about some 'fresh young buck' powering away between her legs....:smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
rich p said:

Mini skirts still hadn't been invented when I was in school.:smile::sad:

Top Bottom