Inconsiderate cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i was out on my bike on a lovely sunny morning minding my own business in the country side when a group of cyclists came pass at some speed , maybe around 20 of them , there was a bellow of "left " by the front runners followed by the middle of them and they proceeded to left hook me like i wasn't there . i had to brake to stop an accident while they were trying to get in front and left as well as behind and left . not one apology
there are knobs on bikes as well as in cars, just try not to be one of them

Martha! Fetch the smelling salts! Cyclists just rode through the village shouting. It sounded like they shouted something like "whoa!" or "i've just been run over" but I couldn't really hear them over the roar of my lawnmower. You don't get to be Fictionton-on-the-Wold Prize Gardener of the Year 1989,1991-1994 without a powerful lawnmower, that's what I always say! Martha? Martha!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's a cheap shot to laugh at old people but while doing it, bear in mind that one day you will also be old and suffering the symptoms of age, with advancing nervous fragility, physical deterioration and probably depression and anxiety.
We're really upping the ante now, it started with loud conversations, we're up to terrorising old people, who knows where we'll end up.

Last edited:
You don't have a right to silence you know just because you live in a village. Cyclists passing through noisily are come and gone in no time it's really not reasonable to complain about that and it certainly would not bother me. Noisey neighbours on the other hand can be bloody anoying but to a large extent you just have to put up with that as well.
Like neighbours having phone conversations outside when I am trying to watch television or whatever. Diesel engines left running and accelerating make more noise than cyclists who are gone within a few seconds.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I got caught up in a stream of vintage motorbikes heading to a rally at the weekend. Boy were they noisy. Not to mention quite smelly as some of them gave off huge clouds of smoke. But quite interesting to look as they passed.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I usually cycle alone, but occasionally enjoy a spin with one of the local groups.

Like everyone else here I am mostly bothered by drivers who endanger my safety. I am also aware that groups of cyclists can be inconsiderate in lesser ways eg loud conversations in quiet villages, letting cars wait behind for several minutes when it would be easy to allow them past or close passing pedestrians.

What do you do if you feel a group of which you are part is inconsiderate?
I know someone else seemed to find this funny, but it's very noticeable, especially at this time of year when windows are open. Groups come through early morning bellowing at each other. It's a small courtesy, but it's better if they maintain quiet through villages on their early run.

lane

Veteran
My dad is 90 this year. My mun not far behind. I can assure you they wouldn't be alarmed by some cyclists passing by. I was at thier house last weekend. As I left I noticed some nearby house had a noisy / rowdy what looked like party in the garden. I mentioned it and asked if it was often like that - my mum said maybe someones birthday totally unconcerned.

Top Bottom